Mart
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Not really a photo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 am

OK, just raise your glass to me when you spend the proceeds. :)

Here's another. I haven't done much playing with images lately, so all the ones here might have been seen before elsewhere:

Not really a photo - Page 2 Photobook
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am

NO got a thousand bucks for that one!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Right, that does it. I'm coming to collect.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 2:15 pm

I wonder what it is and what it could be used for?

Not really a photo - Page 2 Glowring
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Looks like a boomerang to me. Go on Mart give it a swift throw aimed in the right direction of course  sun
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Would you trust this fellow? :)

Not really a photo - Page 2 XvSqldn
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 pm

It was me driving this Lamborghini  ..but not fast enough to leap right out of the picture as shown here :)

Not really a photo - Page 2 0EKNTU6
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Mart wrote:
I wonder what it is and what it could be used for?

modern day crucifx - could definitely appeal to the young!

refers to early pic removed at Mal request
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 2:53 am

Stick a tea light into it and it would make a good coffee table centre piece.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 am

Mart wrote:
Would you trust this fellow? :)

Not really a photo - Page 2 XvSqldn
Looks like a Spanish friend  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 7:06 am

Shown below is what's called a 'vector' drawing. It's made up out of lots of individual shapes all sitting on top of each other. Shapes can be made to sit on top of each other in any order and any distance apart. Having drawn the shapes and placed them in the wanted position, each one can be given a different colour or 'fill'. Some fills can be patterned ones. The fills can be given transparency ranging from completely see through to partially see through. The individual shapes can also be given shadings and all sorts of other effects. Vector drawing programs can be interesting to play with. No end of possibilities:

Not really a photo - Page 2 IQR6vfK

With the fills (colours) and other effects removed, the lines and shapes that go to make up the picture can be seen:

Not really a photo - Page 2 IcaMAyp
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 am

I wonder what the old sign writers would make of it??  perhaps they were vector painters in their own time??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 am

davo wrote:
I wonder what the old sign writers would make of it??  perhaps they were vector painters in their own time??

Maybe it's not too different to now when it comes to actually painting the sign onto a background. That part might still have to be done with a brush and paint. The difference years ago might be that the lines were drawn using templates (stencils) and sheer artistry, then filled in with paint. I expect the design would now be done on a computer using a vector drawing program.

Vector programs for creating signs, cards, letterheads and logos have been around for a while. I had some business cards done by a proper print shop 32 years ago when I first went self-employed, so I know they were around back then. My brother used one called 'Micrografx'.

Vector programs are most suited to that kind of thing because images can be resized up or down to any required dimensions without loss of definition (a photo-editing program can't do this). For instance, if a sign is drawn to fit on a piece of A4 paper, that same design can be split up and made to fit over any number of pieces of A4 paper without any loss of image quality or definition.

Get a piece of paper large enough and a printer that can handle it and the image could be printed all in one bit ..keeping all the detail that was in the smaller original size.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm

These aren't at all clever. It's the program that is. Whatever way they are done, they certainly give a forum page a good splash of colour:
Not really a photo - Page 2 K6u34x4

Not really a photo - Page 2 X06wdnD
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 8:29 pm

beautiful ! Picasso would be enthralled perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

A few more...
Not really a photo - Page 2 CnHyCY4

Not really a photo - Page 2 Fc9sWIK

Not really a photo - Page 2 3PDhR0k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Not really a photo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not really a photo
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next