One Happy Little Boy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

One Happy Little Boy Empty
PostSubject: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 am

Wake the household up at 6 as you have Easter Eggs. Ring Nanna at 6.01 claiming how tired you are. Kids! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 am

We  had a Surprise Hunt with 4 of the grandkids, with little clues hidden all over the property. Senior grandchild Jack organised them as a team and even ensured that the littles one actually found the prize at the end it took about half an hour to run about, read the clues and follow them to the next .

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:38 am

Scuze me but....today is Easter Sunday !!
Easter Monday, tomorrow, is Easter Egg day !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 am

Now Malcolm where is your sense of adventure my dear boy  :;smile:

I always used to sneak the Easter Egg way before the big day, with the sound of the mission impossible theme playing in the background . Eat one side and  face preserved side facing outwards in the box. I thought my mum never knew and I had one up on my brothers. Wrong, she said it has taken  you 35 years you confess but dad and I thought it was ingenious  especially when I replaced a whole eaten one with Peter's brand new egg. Sisters heh murgs dance
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:08 am

I thought it was 4 days of Easter eggs! But I was working at the museum Sat/Sun so I had to make the most of it! yes

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 am

Lovely pics Cider.  We were adventurers. :;smile:

I suspect  Malcolm never forgot his cap or toggle   and very firmly had socks up to his knees with his map and compass under his arm with a notebook, making notes.

He knows I love him really. X
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 am

For all you heathens out there...Easter is the primary Christian festival throughout the world commemorating the death of Christ by crucifixion on Good Friday and his resurrection from death on Easter Monday when the stone, which blocked the entrance to Christ's body's resting place, was 'rolled away'
This being recreated on Easter Monday by the rolling of eggs (hard-boiled) down grassy slopes in towns and villages throughout the land.
The hard-boiled eggs have since been gradually replaced, since the late fifties, by a chocolate version which are now consumed to excess by Christians, Jews, and all manner of religions and heathens alike, all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 am

Very religious country Spain even if they do wear Klux like attire to celebrate.

So aware of the significance I still had  my booklet until recently with pictures  of Jesus's  stamps for every attendance at Sunday school.

Problem is most people today tend to ignore such festival. Unless of course you live in a deeply religious country.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:37 am

Some pics some time brutal to show[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 am

Goldie wrote:

Problem is most people today tend to ignore such festival. Unless of course you live in a deeply religious country.

So why are they all chomping on chocolate eggs ?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:44 am

They flagilate themselves in Spain Malcolm. Not a very pleasant sight I can tell you. They don't have eggs here as a matter of fact. As of Christmas children have one present not hundreds.

My grandson was simply ringing nanna to tell her about his eggs . I am not dictating what religious path he should go down.  That is firmly in the hands of his parents not mine
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:56 pm

malcolm wrote:
    ....  the death of Christ by crucifixion on Good Friday and his resurrection from death on Easter Monday ....

Not sure that agrees with the 'bible' account, Malcolm.

Whilst they contradict each other on many things, 
all four 'gospels' reckon he was crucified on Friday, the eve of the sabbath (Saturday)
and the tomb was found empty on 'the first day of the week' - Sunday.

Matt 27Mark 15Luke 23/24John 19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Happy Little Boy   One Happy Little Boy Empty

Back to top Go down

One Happy Little Boy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next