Mart
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm

That looks a very fine lawn Alan. A good job done my the mower and the operator. My lawn doesn't have that lovely green grass but what there is of it, plus the moss, looks OK when it's cut.

I'm still in a dilemma as to whether to press the 'Buy Now' button for a mower but I think I'm getting close. :)

Here's my garden. The photo was taken a couple of years ago but a bit further into the year by the look of it:

Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 Garden-2_zps184fa2ed
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Mart

What a lovely garden - it reminds me of our previous house which we downsized from 3 years ago when we sold up and moved into a small retirement estate where you have to be more than 58 years old to buy property. Kids and pets are not allowed and we never see a cat in the garden. Andsome would love it here. I was no longer able to do much DIY or look after our large garden and the big house was proving too much for my wife to manage.

I'm so glad we moved when we did - I don't think we could face the upheaval now that we are that bit older and less fit.

We now have a very nice and spacious 2 bed house in a road of just 15 properties that is self managed. We are all shareholders of the managing company of which I am the director. Although all the properties are freehold, we all pay a monthly service charge to meet the communal costs which includes external maintenance of all properties, garages and fences, gardening, buildings and contents insurance, maintenance of the large landscaped communal areas, the private road etc plus window cleaning and general administration. I don't let the gardeners near my lawn - other than when we are on holiday - it's the one thing I enjoy doing myself.

We are 200 yards from a row of shops which includes a post office/newsagents, restaurants, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, hairdressers, barbers, carpet shop and a Spar mini market. There is a charity shop for a local hospice which my wife works at 1 day a week. We are off a main road with buses to Solihull and Birmingham. We are 2 miles from Solihull hospital and 1 mile from our doctors. We even have an undertakers 200 yards away.

What more does an 80 year old want?

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 pm

I don't think I'll cut the grass after all. I'll sell up and come and live where you do. :)
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, I bought a cordless mower. I didn't go for for the Rotak in the end. I bought a Gtech Falcon. It was a close run thing but I went for the Gtech mainly because it had a comparable width of cut (43cm) to the corded mower I have (40cm). I hope I've done the right thing because at £349, it's the most expensive mower I've ever bought.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Hope so Mart. Happy mowing  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm

My back garden Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 Img22410

Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Had a few changes since this one was takenBattery lawn mowers - Page 2 Img05610

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Another oneBattery lawn mowers - Page 2 01011

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Beautiful Jimmy  sun
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm

Thank you Goldie--a lot of credit goes to my wife who is Garden crazy drink

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 am

Tell her it looks smashing Jimmy  garden
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 12:56 am

Each to his or her own, of course.
But I have not mowed a lawn in over twenty years.
I pay a bloke who mows, trims edges, uses a blower, disposes of cut grass, leaves etc etc.

If I add up the cost of buying and maintaining a mower and a whipper-sniper and a blower - blades, fuel, running repairs and value my own time,
it's cheap.  
I can sit happily on the deck watching the bloke sweat in the Australian sun as I sip on a chilled glass of fine Western Australian Semillon ..........

As long as I can find the front door, that's fine.

I am also totally committed to the philosophy "if ya can't eat it, don't grow it".
More than satisfied to enjoy the pretty flowers and such which my neighbours spend half their lives tending
and the native flora which abounds here.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

goats are best!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm

davo wrote:
goats are best!

..but I think they eat everything else too don't they, including garden gloves and boots if you leave them laying about. Maybe a sheep would be better? :)
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 4:11 pm

A lawn Moa
Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 Moa_zpslmmy5wxm
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Ha ha love it Mart  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery lawn mowers   Battery lawn mowers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery lawn mowers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next