malcolm
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Cats in the garden - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Fence spikes only work in ideal circumstances where the whole of the garden is surrounded by solid walls are impenetrable fencing.

It is not a one method fits all solution. It's good that it works for you but is not suitable for my garden.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

It looks as though some of this topic has fallen overboard.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm

I doubt that its because we have cause any offence with spiky comments

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:03 pm

How bizarre???....I have a male, castrated cat, who lives in the house, garage and garden and wanders off now and then....We live in an urbanizacion with a lot of empty overgrow plots and many empty properties with wood and mountains close by......He returned home six days ago  bleeding from a chest wound....Not being the friendliest of ' Beasts', it took some time to establish that he had been shot, probably with an air gun of some sorts....After a visit to the vets and a lot of antibiotics and not being let out of the house since, the wound is just staring to heal.....With a little ingenuity and observation, I shall find the culprit....When I do, I shall invite Malcolm over for a visit and he can instruct me in his method of insertion....
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Lots of Vaseline or even KY Jelly I would assume. He doesn't like to inflict pain an animals.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 7:11 pm

The Beast wrote:
 How bizarre???....I have a male, castrated cat, who lives in the house, garage and garden and wanders off now and then....We live in an urbanizacion with a lot of empty overgrow plots and many empty properties with wood and mountains close by......He returned home six days ago  bleeding from a chest wound....Not being the friendliest of ' Beasts', it took some time to establish that he had been shot, probably with an air gun of some sorts....After a visit to the vets and a lot of antibiotics and not being let out of the house since, the wound is just staring to heal.....With a little ingenuity and observation, I shall find the culprit....When I do, I shall invite Malcolm over for a visit and he can instruct me in his method of insertion....
Beast when hunting season takes place in Lanzarote cats are the first target . 

It's sad as some do not die or suffer a painful death.

It's a shame as our sterilisation programme is now beginning to take affect.

Hope your cat recovers. 

All male cars are castrated in Lanzarote
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 7:14 pm

catgate wrote:
We have no cats in our area.
My next door neighbour has an air-rifle fitted with a silencer.
Bugsy Malone One Eye Cat says you dirty rat and will be around with the gang to visit your neighbour but he will not be silent once the boys have finished with him.  batman
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Goldie wrote:
Bugsy Malone One Eye Cat says you dirty rat and will be around with the gang to visit your neighbour but he will not be silent once the boys have finished with him.  batman
Shall I ask him to take off the silencer? shy
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm

catgate wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Shall I ask him to take off the silencer? shy
batman batman sweep sweep Jimmy Cagney on way too  yes
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Goldie

"All male cars are castrated in Lanzarote"

Do they use castrol oil?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:18 pm

catgate wrote:
Goldie

"All male cars are castrated in Lanzarote"

Do they use castrol oil?
Oh yes and the cars too  teacup we do them both at the same time  drum
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Try as I might to be compassionate towards cats that come into my garden,  a red mist of hatred descends when I see one slinking it's way across my lawn either intent on having a  dump or killing the birds.

No doubt cat lovers will be appalled at my wanting to chuck a brick at Fluffy but I do want to very much. In fact I could cheerfully do worse.

Please tell me I am not the only one
Can I ask why you come here as a guest and not member to post a question. Only asking  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

Guest wrote:
Try as I might to be compassionate towards cats that come into my garden,  a red mist of hatred descends when I see one slinking it's way across my lawn either intent on having a  dump or killing the birds.

No doubt cat lovers will be appalled at my wanting to chuck a brick at Fluffy but I do want to very much. In fact I could cheerfully do worse.

You are not the only one

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Cats in the garden - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:42 am

Goldie wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can I ask why you come here as a guest and not member to post a question. Only asking  :;smile:
If you see 'Guest' anywhere Goldie....these are posts from people who were once members, but are no longer members either by their own request or by a rare act of enforcement.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks Malcolm it sort of unsettled me a bit thinking a guest could post in a members forum. That's why I posted my comment  thumb
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Malcolm - I guess you have it in your power to prevent non-members from posting.

In lots of forums (or is it Fora?) they can lurk and read but not post.

Might be worth thinking about when you take time off from polishing the Jag.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cats in the garden   Cats in the garden - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cats in the garden
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next