Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Current state of Policing in England Empty
PostSubject: Current state of Policing in England   Current state of Policing in England EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am

God help us all if this is the best we can do to crack crime

A police force's open letter to a suspected burglar
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Current state of Policing in England   Current state of Policing in England EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:58 pm

My first reaction was "positively" negative "Oh NO" - but having thought about it a bit more I can see what the police are trying to do.

It appears that after they sent her the note several days may have elapsed before it appeared on social media. They were thus giving her time to cooperate to a letter couched in terms that she might understand and have empathy with.

My conclusion is that it was a Marmite response - you either love it or hate it.

I don't eat Marmite, not because I hate it, but because it's a bugger to keep the top of the jar clean. .

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Current state of Policing in England   Current state of Policing in England EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Whatever happened to going round to the suspect's house and arresting them on suspicion of committing an offence
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Current state of Policing in England   Current state of Policing in England EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Not sure what to make of it
She's a suspect in crimes involving "vulnerable victims".

Shouldn't the police just get off their fat backsides?
Part of the job is tracking down criminals ... not sending them tweets and asking them nicely to come around to the police station for an interview.
Besides .. she'll probably sue them now for incorrect procedure or publicly naming her as at this stage she is only a suspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current state of Policing in England   Current state of Policing in England Empty

Back to top Go down

Current state of Policing in England
Page 1 of 1