meerkat12
The Beast
malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68
AuthorMessage
davo

What's on your menu today - Page 68 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:52 am

san choy bao later today - deceptively filling
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 4:41 pm

The Beasties are having baked pots with homemade coleslaw, cherry toms from the garden and a grilled green pepper from the garden with a pork fillet in breadcrumbs.
No doubt helped on its way with some delightful wine.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm

cooked a mee goreng for three tonight - preparation time 20 mins - cooking 5 - eating at leisure! washed down with coopers homemade ale  - draught!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 10:32 am

Thought Id revive this topic
I have made meat and potato pies which we shall have with buttered cabbage and carrots.... followed by large slices of watermelon

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 1:27 pm

It's too hot for a proper meal - we are having a nice cold salad

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 9:27 am

Chicken,mushrooms,peppers onions and herbs gently sauteed in a white wine and cream sauce with rice, for us today.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 10:19 am

I don't eat well in this heat - it will be a tinned salmon sandwich on home made white bread for me and a couple of glasses of Three Mills Reserve English white wine  (£3.35 from ASDA).  It's only 8% and a pleasant but not spectacular glugging wine.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Nice to see this thread revisited. I have been reliably informed that it is my birthday today.....Mrs Beastie remembers things like that....I had not an inking.
So, we are off to town for a meal with some Dutch friends who spend a few months here most summers.
The restaurant we are off to would normally need reservations at this time of the year and is owned by longterm freinds.....Seating capacity is over a hundred and they have three tables booked for tonight......Very litte tourism here and its high season.
I shall be having calamares a la romana followed by fideua.....Washed down with something white and cold.......
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 8:11 pm

The Beast wrote:

I shall be having calamares a la romana followed by fideua.....Washed down with something white and cold.......

I can't stand drinking milk. School milk put me off which was compounded by when in the scouts - sports day included an obstacle race  where we had to walk across planks, crawl under nets, climb over hurdles etc. It had two cows at the finishing line and the winner was the first kid to milk a cow into a beaker and drink it down. I was sick.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 68 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 68 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68