HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old Classic Coronation Street

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morty
Morty

Old Classic Coronation Street Empty
PostSubject: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:37 pm

I'm delving into it on Youtube ... currently watching 2001 or is 2002.

Boy it's refreshingly uncomplicated and UNsanitised.
Murder. Divorce. Dodgy builders. Striking over pay. Young love and heterosexual sex before marriage.

No name calling. No cancel culture. No activists. No terrorists. No gays. No black people shouting discrimination and bemoaning the British Empire for forcing them into despicable slavery.
Whew, it's a breath of fresh air.

It's like watching social history in the making. 
I bet kids nowadays say ... but where are their mobile phones.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:59 pm

How bizarre is this then Mortylass??

Myself and the better half discovered this last year and got hooked on 1979 when all episodes were uploaded and have been watching it for a few hours a week and are now on August 2000, so am exactly where you are......Coincidence or what???
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:04 pm

I'd say it was more than that ... I'd say it was spooky.

Do you remember a soap called Brookside? Set in Liverpool.
It was on in the 80's, until about 2000 I think and then Channel 4 just binned it.

STV are streaming all the episodes ... 20 years worth .... at a rate of 5 a week . that should keep them busy for a few years to come.
You have to sign up i think ... but I might give it a whirl.

https://www.stv.tv/
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 5:37 pm

Morty, I have an all singing and dancing IPTV box that accesses over 3000 channels worlwide. It costs 125 dollars a year. Mrs Beastie enjoys watching a quiz programme called the ' Chase' and I watch some news channels. It carries 1000's of tv drama series which I access but watch practically no mainstream tv. If i fancy watching a new drama, I wait for it to finish then download it to watch in its entirety.

We also watch the police drama ' The Bill' on youtube and are currently on series 10. Must be an age thing.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:30 pm

Goodness .... the Bill .... I remember that. It was quite good but I naver watched them all. I might have to look into that.
Crikey .. I'll be spending all day on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm

I've never seen Hill Street Blues streamed anywhere.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi Purwell. Do you understand the concept of downloading torrents?

Look it up and see how easy it is.....I watched the complete series ( 7 ) last year after downloading a torrent and transferring it to a USB then watched it on the tv....If you get stuck, I can point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Classic Coronation Street   Old Classic Coronation Street Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Classic Coronation Street
Page 1 of 1