HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? Empty
PostSubject: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 1:12 am

The Tory ideology was always the same - keep the vast majority of the popn dumb and leave the elite to run the country! and they've demonstrated it again! garden
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 8:54 am

The lemmings will still vote for them though.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:21 am

The last election was the lesser of two evils. Well, not evils really because I believe nobody is actually evil but I found that BJ at least had a bit of enthusiasm and hope for Britain and that's why the party got my vote.

I know Australian's like to give the Brits a verbal bashing when possible but really, take lessons from us because nobody is better at bashing Britain than the Brits themselves. We play ourselves down all the time.

I don't do that and where I see those from other countries doing it, I find (with only a little research) it's always possible to point the finger right back at their management, politics and economics.

Edit: The A-level issue is basically attributable to the b****y virus and the way things can't be done normally.

The PM and the and the government are trying to hold everything together in the most difficult of times. Covid-19 is causing problems that are so new and devastating to us all that nobody really knows how to handle them efficiently. Not here or elsewhere in the World come to that.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:35 am

well that brought the blue blood coursing from the veins - any fox hunting after tiffin?  the PM - comes across as a buffoon to many?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 4:30 pm

The PM has his ways that can give people a laugh but I don't think anyone could handle the situation better, not even if they were to put on a serious face. We'd be where we are no matter who the leader is.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Boris is NOT handling anything ; he is being advised what to do - to let him alone to make the decisions would be suicidal!

Plus he has a long  history of bafoonary going back to his days as Lord Mayor of London - I would equate the selection of Boris as equating to a similar exercise in usa with trump being endorsed once again  - this does not necessarily equate to sound judgement on anyones part. - Boris cannot not even brush his hair and present himself as someone representing a confident presenter - he just mumbles his lines all the time - his team must shake their heads in disbelieve!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Good job you don't live here then.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 5:00 pm

why do you think I chose to leave and live in a country that has much stricter control of its borders but is still considered a more successful multicultural country than UK! However I do still have family and friends in UK and long happy memories when England was run by more working class parties with working class ideologies. 

The only reasons Boris's partner is hanging in there now is because she has produced a nipper and is partner to the PM with all its advantages. Before he was elected she was known to bicker with him regularly and kept threatening to throw him out. He is very reminiscent of Trump imo.

He comes from bastardry heredity in the lines of Kings and Queens of England and therefore never identifies as 'working class' which I thought we all were? I would never wish to be identified as a "cap doffer"
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Nobody more working class than me and Mrs Mart Davo. Just a step up from phrases like 'shut yer gob' and the like. 

Those who leave our shores for a better life never truly leave I suppose. Australians getting emotional over over UK politics seems to prove that. Oh well, there are people who haven't left here that share your points of view. I can more understand people who live here having them.

I'm not a particularly political person. Always more interested in bringing up a family, clothing and feeding us all. Putting politics, leaders, political parties aside, this country has enabled us to do that quite well. One thing I've learned is that no matter what the ruling party is or the PM, I've manged to do OK under the country's care per se. It's given us money when I didn't have much, cared health-wise for me and my family, saving the lives of at least two of us and given us the environment where we could gain a good standard of living. Own house, car etc. Many people who grumble about the government and leaders do so from a position of comfort that the country has enabled them to gain.

All in all, I feel we've been well-treated here and this does indeed make me stand by the country through thick and thin. When I imply that the character of the leader isn't offensive to me, it's because I truly believe a different one would not have been any better at all with the current problems.

I've been doing some reading on Scott Morrison ..and you think our PM is bad.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 12:28 am

let it all hang out Mart ; let it all hang out - you've definitely taken the bait!  who  was it who 'sacked ' OZ over 200 yrs ago? not the ozzies the British - who was it who tried to obliterate the Indigenous nation? not the ozzies the poms! and who in OZ today are loyal to the british crown and will not accept sacking monarchial ties with UK - why always the party of the top rich echalon in OZ the liberals who are incapable of forming a party alone without the nationals NOT the labor party who always support the working classes. Yes Mr Scott Morrison and his cronies who supports crippling tax rises on tobacco whilst having a treasurer photographed sitting on the balcony of the parliament with his side kick smoking expensive cuban cigars! 

I come from a long line of labor supporters in UK and continue the line in OZ.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 6:00 am

I agree with everything that you say Mart totally and completely.
Who would be a politician in these very trying times ?
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time
I voted Tory at the election because I wanted Boris to be PM and I'm very glad that I did
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 6:06 am

you all  may live to regret your words!!  Purwell here come the leemings again then - edge of drop clear?   sweep
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 7:57 am

davo wrote:
let it all hang out Mart ; let it all hang out - you've definitely taken the bait!

Is that your purpose Davo. To bait people? That's called 'trolling' on the Internet I believe.

If not for that purpose, I think you criticise here so strongly because you have to try and convince yourself that leaving was the right thing to do.

I've voted, Conservative, Labour, Liberal and Independent in my time. No particular political allegiance. Just depends who appeals at the time.  As said though, none have really made any difference to life. We're working class people who have done OK. There's a basic good environment to live in here that enables a lot of us to keep healthy, get ahead and live to a reasonably good standard (see edit).

Of course that won't apply to everyone. There are hardships, poverty and problems in all nations but the UK is where my heart is and I suspect yours is too. You forgot to take it with you.

Edit: I should add that there was until Covid-19 came along and messed everything up. That's not something only happening here though.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 8:46 am

malcolm wrote:
I agree with everything that you say Mart totally and completely.
Who would be a politician in these very trying times ?
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time
I voted Tory at the election because I wanted Boris to be PM and I'm very glad that I did

I remember the leadership and party contests on TV. It was BJ's enthusiasm and aspirations for the future that stood him out from the rest. Maybe over enthusiastic and verbally too animated but I'd sooner vote for someone like that than ..well, the others.

If I survive until the next elections, I'll weigh all the issues and candidates up again and vote accordingly, just as I did the last election and the ones before that.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 am

ya a swingy voter then? whichever way the breeze blows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?   Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Debacle over end of school exams and uni entrance?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next