HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.  Empty
PostSubject: Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.    Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.  EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 6:22 pm

I can’t vouch for the validity of this – but I read a post on another forum that said someone had their bank account virtually emptied after they paid a taxi driver with their debit card.

They wanted to pay with a credit card but the driver asked for another method because he didn't want to pay the visa fee.

On reporting it to the Police they received the following advice :-

Whenever you are asked to use a debit instead of a credit card for whatever reason, first fully enter the wrong PIN number.

If it is a counterfeit machine it will not know the PIN is incorrect and pseudo process the payment and produce a receipt in ordered to obtain your card details. It will store your card number but store the wrong PIN number which makes it useless to the fraudster who will not know until later when he tries to use the information to skim your bank account.

An authentic machine will reject the PIN and request a "try again" of some sort.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.    Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am

Wow Alan ! that's worth remembering
Back to top Go down

Credit or Debit Card - That Is The Question.
Page 1 of 1