andsome
Goldie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield Empty
PostSubject: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 11:43 am

Please take this as a joke and not aimed at any political party. I think very funny.

Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 am

There must be something wrong with me, I didn't even raise a smile.  Each to his/her own.  SORRY.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield 2nkrm36

Last edited by andsome on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 am

Not a problem  at all. If you watch question time it's either weird questions from the audience or as per evasive politicians.  X
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm

this cannot be the best of british humour surely? bring back benny hill!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 pm

davo wrote:
this cannot be the best of british humour surely? bring back benny hill!

I definitely agree. I did not find it amusing at all,in fact I never have found hi in the least bit funny.

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Ha ha Davo  :;smile: it's a take off of a very  serious political debating show, plays here every Thursday night hosted by one of the Dimbalby  brothers. There are two brothers  Richard and David. Only one of those brothers hosts the show.

The panel consists of politicians, each normally trying to convince us public their  manifesto is true and of course they will stick to their promises. Which we all  know since the great Brexit debate and election of new Prime Minister it's all lies.

Theresa May was convinced she was going to get a landslide victory. She lied in her manifesto there would be no early election. She also has not been open about Brexit due to her stubbornness with the other  EU countries. She wants it her way or no way. Her downfall as Spain has already said they are willing to take us  ex pats into consideration and welcome us here and not to feel threatened at all. She made no promises of free movement with the Spanish citizens working in the UK.

This annoyed President Rocja and the other member states. Spain make a huge  financial gain by us living here. We buy housing, pay taxes, buy retail goods etc. We pay into the healthcare system too just to get our health needs covered.

Where we choose to live is no one's concern as we are still British Citizens, just living in a different country. Mainly due to health reasons. Plus I don't like the British climate, wet and cold most of the time and only about 6 weeks of British Summer if you are lucky.  I love the UK as we have family there. What a choice for them to. Come to us when it's cold and enjoy some sun.

I love Benny Hill too. Hilarious  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

don't find that in the least funny either!!
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:53 pm

It wasn't remotely funny .... true political satire was done admirably by the Two John's on the Rory Bremner show. Now they were so droll and deadpan they were hilarious.

On a more serious note .. I do tend to relegate ex-pats opinions on Brexit as of secondary importance. They left the UK. In no way did any of them vote on the issue of what was best for the UK as a country and it's future as an independent nation.
They based their vote on their own personal gain, their concerns over access to and cost of health care and pensions and their status in the EU.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 pm

sags wrote:
It wasn't remotely funny .... true political satire was done admirably by the Two John's on the Rory Bremner show. Now they were so droll and deadpan they were hilarious.

On a more serious note .. I do tend to relegate ex-pats opinions on Brexit as of secondary importance. They left the UK. In no way did any of them vote on the issue of what was best for the UK as a country and it's future as an independent nation.
They based their vote on their own personal gain, their concerns over access to and cost of health care and pensions and their status in the EU.

Well said Miss Piggy

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

sags wrote:

That's because you are only interested in you. As was your vote for personal gain and health care. My pension private which I worked for has nothing to do with Brexit and gets paid for my years of hard work in the service. Most people have work pensions.

I am still prepared to pay for my health care even if Brexit fails, so what is the problem 

I had the vote and voted to stay. Some here voted to leave, their choice, mostly as they are cheating the system both ends. Want Spanish and British healthcare and do not pay tax at all here.  I pay tax here and the UK even though I don't own property there as I am honest. I have very little in a bank account in the UK as our money is in Spanish bank accounts, which get taxed

Once again I pay for health care here as I am an early retirees.  I have already contributed 42 years of contributions to The UK

The real reason you are all starting to panic as you can see there is no real plan by the government.

If you saw the documentary last night with Hislop. Britain has always had an open door policy dating back to victorian  times. No change from today.  Same type of hysteria then with immigrants. A repeat of history

Brexit has caused all this hysteria as from time immemorial. Once again we are going to be over run with immigrants.

I am  British Citizen whether you like it or not, you clearly do not a reputation of welcoming all to the UK mostly for cheap labour has always been encouraged by all governments. Not my fault as you appear to think 

We are never going to agree but at least listen to another side of an argument. I have opinions forced down my throat for months.

Unfortunately your ideas will not budge regardless. 

As I said before its not a popularity contest as we are all mature adults. Who cares whom agrees with who. I don't. 

I am not here to stir controversy  like some merely offering my view.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:29 pm

I reiterate ... most ex-pats based their vote purely on their own needs, healthwise and financial.

Why would an ex-pat have any interest on most of the considerations involved in Brexit?
Taking back control of our own borders will not interest them.. they're already on the other side of them.
Rewriting decades of legislation which conformed to EU Law and re-establishing our own British Law will not affect them in Spain or France or Italy.
Therefore, most of the issues have no relevance for them.

To claim I am only interested in me is a facile cop out... either that or there's a spooky echo in here as that's what I said.  
I'm a British citizen who is thinking of the country I live in .. which is more than an ex-pat can claim when they extol the virtues of their new adopted home.

Your own personal pension and work history is of no consequence.
Brexit is bigger than individuals. 
For instance, how many Brits living in Britain have any interest in Spain's massive national debt? Very few, if any. A debt which some prophesy will have them in the same position as Greece before long ..  that's to say an unpaying passenger on the EU gravy train.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:53 pm

How many Brits contribute to the Spanish economy including tourists in runs into billions of pounds.

The Spanish are aware of this so do not want to lose that very economic boon.

All countries have debt and corruption including Spain. You refuse to see in the British Government.

I have two countries one welcomes us in Spain and the Brits turn their back on there own countrymen. 

Brexit has not happened yet but you need a tough negotiator. 

I repeat our children and grandchildren, live in the UK and th decision you made could affect their future and I am not happy about that. Why should a generation suffer because  of your vote, most of us will be dead and buried by then.

Britain cannot close its borders it is illegal to do that as TM found out yesterday. She has to allow Spsnish citizens to remain. So she lost that one.

Spain has no problem categoriezing us  as British Citizen and we will always be considered British by them. If other arrangements will have to be made they are going to be flexible. 

Unfortunately you do not see news here so are unaware.

There will never be a closed border in my view.

Not to risk the forum or cause upset or enjoyment of others I am leaving this discussion not because I am a coward.

Please email me privately if you have anymore comments. I have emailed you but you refuse to reply.

Have a good evening all but I am not your entertainment. Off to have my tea murgs dance
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Ps the post was meant as a joke by the way as stated. :;smile:
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Why take it so personally and become so defensive?

You state you are not happy with the Brexit vote because of your children and your grandchildren who live here? 
Fair enough ... but they will have cast their own vote in the referendum, same any other citizen of the UK and that is democracy ... the majority voted to leave. It is not and should not be dependent on what ex-pats think. They left the UK. End of. Their own stake in the UK's future is quite minimal.
Many people  believe it will be for the future benefit of this country ... so once again your claim a generation will suffer is subjective. Not fact.

I believe it is not illegal should Britain choose to close it's borders.
Nor, I believe does she have to allow Spanish or any other EU citizens to remain.

In practice though a reciprocal agreement agreeable to both the EU and UK is best. There are many EU citizens here, happy here , who wish to continue living here and pursue the British way of life without the constriction of EU membership .. you could call them the mirror image of ex-pats who did not like life in Britain and preferred to go abroad and leave their home country.

Put bluntly, it does not sound logical for someone living in a country who is a member of a club, having the right to vote whether another country who desires to leave should be able to do so.
In short, it is no longer anything to do with them. They live different lives, in different countries whose paths could diverge . and Brexit means they will diverge and no longer have a shared future path or role in the world. 
Ex-pats should not expect to have their cake and eat it.

As to the rest of your post. It's a legitimate discussion over something prevalent in the news and important to many people, even if we're all getting sick to the back teeth of it ... by the time Brexit is done and dusted we'll all be brain dead.

Regarding your PMs. No, I don't reply to them anymore and I believe you know why.

Enjoy your tea. I'm off for some Jaffa cakes (nicely chilled in the fridge) and coffee.
Yummy.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 12:00 am

how sad! I was just beginning to enjoy the cat howls!

however as a expat with a british passort and family still in Uk erhm erhm! erhm!

the world is global!!!!!! and we should all be concerned about it and its future - some of my major concerns about the EU have been the control and powerbrokers who seem to be france and germany once our arch enemies?

the chancellors bizzare act of letting refugees [?] flood not only into germany but many other countries was IMO the act of a silly old woman!

the practice also of allowing countries who are clearly unable to manage their own affairs like greece; spain; italy etc etc is bizzare and seems to be only empire building [but remember the prohecy of the 666]

england was once a great empire and if we could turn all the immigrants into slaves again could be again!

ps: oh I do wish pummie were  here he has an excellent grasp of all things empire

pps: she'll be back she likes a good spat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next