HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

closure of Invictus games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

closure of Invictus games Empty
PostSubject: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am

I  watched the end of the Invictus games ceremonies and was genuinely inspired by Prince Harry's sincerity and dedication to something he started a year ago. His mother must be so proud of him.  I also enjoyed watching the Boss and Bryan Adams sing their heart out too.

looking forward to the  next games in sydney - might even try to get there!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 12:21 pm

I love the idea of the games and I am always in awe of the competitors... But I just cannot watch these unfortunate and courageous people on TV, it's just not 'entertainment' for me, I just cannot enjoy the 'spectacle'
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 12:34 pm

well I'm  not sure whether "they" or "harry" regard it as entertainment for the masses - they do what they do because of the challenge it gives them - we watch  able bodied people compete in 'games' so why not "not fully able bodied people" IMO they need our support so I think your sentiment is a personal issue that  you need to deal with yourself!

but I know what you mean physically approaching any disabled person is a challenged for some abled body persons - the disabled can handle it - it is the abled that often can't!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm sure you are correct Dave .... Honesty has always been my undoing yes
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 2:12 pm

honesty imo is never an undoing it always leads to enlightenment but the enligtenment can be a bit scary to start with !
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 3:19 pm

I didn't watch the games personally because (maybe a bit unusual for a bloke) I'm not particularly into sport. Able bodied or disabled competitors, it doesn't matter to me. All equally not watched. :) 

I saw a few clips of the games on the News though and it seems lots of people enjoyed the events. Good for them I say. I can admire the courage, work and determination everyone puts in, even though I'm no sports fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: closure of Invictus games   closure of Invictus games Empty

Back to top Go down

closure of Invictus games
Page 1 of 1