Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Chips with everything Empty
PostSubject: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 9:39 am

Is this a good step forward or not ?
Will it create more problems than it solves ?

Implanted Microchips
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Big Brother gets closer and closer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Probably more problems than it will solve Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 am

I'm not sure what I think about that. The principle of it seems a bit invasive but I can also see it could be a useful/secure alternative to a credit card for instance. A swipe of the hand and payment is made. You can't lose it or have it stolen without someone nearby getting details stored on the chip with a reader. We'd need tinfoil gloves to stop that if the chip was embedded in the hand. Thieves might chop the bit of your body off that contains the chip of course.

Computer login with a finger is already here with fingerprint recognition (my laptop is capable of doing this) and there are other devices that can use facial recognition. Makes me wonder just how necessary a chip in the body is. It's just another way of doing the job I suppose.

It's not the sort of thing I'd volunteer for but maybe I won't be asked to do that within the number of years I have left to live. Something that the next generation would be more comfortable about maybe.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 am

I would look for employment elsewhere.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Chips with everything 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm

I remember a story on the TV a couple of years back where a Reading University or College Professor had an implant like that. The doors in the place used to recognise him and automatically open and speak to him,"Good morning professor [name], and so on. Even the computers he worked on automatically opened up after detecting the implant. All clever stuff. All a bit too Big Brother to me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chips with everything   Chips with everything Empty

Back to top Go down

Chips with everything
Page 1 of 1