Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Antivirus Protection Empty
PostSubject: Antivirus Protection   Antivirus Protection EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 pm

'AV-Comparatives' is an AV Program testing service. Here are their latest test results showing how well various programs stood up to having malware thrown at them. The samples they use are about on the Internet and might be come across either by e-mail attachments, drive-by malware or other attack vectors:

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2017&month=6&sort=0&zoom=2

Also interesting is the impact different AV programs have on the operating system. Some definitely look to slow computers down more than others:

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart4&year=2017&month=5&sort=0

(Lower is better).
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Antivirus Protection   Antivirus Protection EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Useful info but I have stuck with Eset for several years,they are consistently in the top few, and free assistance is at the end of a free telephone call, which most do not provide.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Antivirus Protection 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Antivirus Protection   Antivirus Protection EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 pm

It is just for information. Maybe useful for those researching what AV program to get. Eset is good along with some others.

I'm not using an AV program at present. More relying on HitmanPro.Alert (an anti-exploit program) for real-time protection. So far, so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antivirus Protection   Antivirus Protection Empty

Back to top Go down

Antivirus Protection
Page 1 of 1