Useful information for calculating spring properties

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Useful information for calculating spring properties Empty
PostSubject: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 pm

This is information that is seldom bandied about.
It is, however, information from which many will gain comfort.

Defl. = 4WL3/Ebt3 inches

W = load in lbs.
L = length of beam (active)
E= Young’s modulus
b= width of material (in.)
t = thickness of matl. (in.)
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 pm

By heck .. I knew all that but never liked to bandy it about in case people asked me what it meant. teacup
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Easy peaty,  just pretend you do. It has relieved my furrowed brow  :;smile:

Can you explain the off side rule catgate.  hat
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Can you explain the off side rule catgate.

It is bit complicated, but here goes.
If the object in question is less than the size of a tall wheel barrow (on it's side), the payment to the appellant should be with held  until the next solstice, or the second week of the next month.
However if it happens to be raining care should be taken to avoid puddles.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:01 pm

catgate wrote:
Can you explain the off side rule catgate.

It is bit complicated, but here goes.
If the object in question is less than the size of a tall wheel barrow (on it's side), the payment to the appellant should be with held  until the next solstice, or the second week of the next month.
However if it happens to be raining care should be taken to avoid puddles.
Ha ha ha ha. I love it. Getting your humour now  drum  x
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Humour is something that is essential,  particularly in a crowd of strangers.
However some times some people can  not differenciate between what is humour and what is something else.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:32 pm

I plead guilty catgate. I prefer face to face conversation than the written word.

I find forums difficult at times. I am just me and think people are the same. I open up far too much as I am friendly. My friends and hubby say the same, why feel you have to tell complete strangers everything. I have always been told I am far too honest for my own good. I only keep very few friends now who I know can keep confidences. Bit sad isn't it.

I am so bubbly I find it hard at times to be honest. I am not looking for sympathy though and just want to be treated like any other member.

I must have made cow disease  drum
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:24 pm

It you go around telling the world  .....   "I must have made cow disease",  they will not know if you claiming to  have invented "Mad Cow Disease" or are just suffering from it.

Either way up you are on a looser.

What's more I still do not know how this particular topic can be helpful in calculating spring properties.
Does it refer to Coil Springs, Leaf Springs or sources of underground water?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:52 pm

My invention of course, silly  :;smile:  mad cow disease. Or Munchausen by proxy, wrong spelling I know  murgs dance

Seen plenty of those in my time.

Just pondering coil springs,  may take some time x
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 pm

catgate

Since that formula was devised Young has got very old and in modern text books it is now referred to as Old's modulus - which is what I suffer from because I don't bend as easily as before.

I'm sure they will change the name again after Brexit to replicate its flexibility.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Alan

If the flexibility is sufficiently effective It could easily result in its finding its way up its own Brexit.
And long may it's lum reek.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 5:23 am

The co-efficient of a coiled spring is equal to the power of 10 X 1000,000,000 – in other words never stand down wind of a coiled spring whilst it is coiled and you are uncoiling !
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Nah just tie bows and pink ribbons on both ends, far simpler and girly  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useful information for calculating spring properties   Useful information for calculating spring properties Empty

Back to top Go down

Useful information for calculating spring properties
Page 1 of 1