HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the great wet has gawn!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

the great wet has gawn! Empty
PostSubject: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 am

Well the great wet has finished and the great dry started! – we never got a direct monsoon hit they all passed us by [condolences to Pummie whose state did get a big direct hit]. The great couch weeds have already started turning yellow and the fire break roads have disappeared under fallen trees and more weeds – whipper snippers [giant variety] and chainsaws at the ready – yippee – I love the outback ya can have ya cities.

All mosquitoes; midgets and flies have also disappeared and so I can sit out late at night with a bourbon and cigar and relax without waking up with bites on me everywhere! Our wonderful council have already cut all 6 metre grass frontages in anticipation of fining us if we don’t clear the firebreak roads [the surround the entire property – so not a small job]. 18C at 5am which is bloody nippy I can tell you from this side of the globe. Still hits 36C by midday mind you!
Wallabies are still bouncing about I saw one yesterday merrily bouncing away down the drive towards the road and the dogs were so blind they couldn’t spot it. They chase them every morn and can never catch one – if you ever thought they were slow movers [the kangas that is] forget it – they go like a bullet train.

Watched dr strange with the kids last night – wot a load of crock!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

Glad you are OK Davo.

Sounds a brilliant lifestyle, apart from the load of crock yes
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 am

We've had the tail end of the cyclone! 300mm of rain in 24 hours! Luckily it runs off here pretty quickly with nothing more serious than a couple of roads closed due to slips. Bit different in an east coast town called Edgecombe. Back in 1987 they had a big quake that dropped the town 2 metres which  put it well below the peak high water mark. About 1600 people are now unable to get back yet to assess the damage.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503438&objectid=11833401

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 9:10 am

Interesting read Cider  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 10:05 am

Glad things are back to normal for you Davo. 

Wallabies? The name always reminds me of Elvis's song in Jailhouse Rock, 'I Wanna Be Free'. I end up singing 'A Wallaby Free'. :)

A Wallaby was killed on a UK road according to a News report last year. Maybe it was trying to get back home. A shame but 'A Wallaby Free' might have been a fitting song for its short spell of freedom.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:09 pm

must have escaped from a zoo; wild life park or private sanctuary - here i am surrounded by them - I'd love to try wallaby stew but no one can catch em! [without  gun that is]
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Wallaby Stew 

[url=Wild Wallaby Stew http://chooroo.com/?p=209]Wild Wallaby Stew http://chooroo.com/?p=209[/url]
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:22 pm

yep but catch one first!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 pm

I am hoping you won't  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I'm hopping I will!!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Will, won't,  will won't.  Argue smargu  :;smile:

Good luck as you say if you haven't caught one now you never will. So outwitted mate  hat
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Not wallaby - but heaps of kangaroo meat available in supermarkets.
A bit of an art to cook steaks well. But mince and sausages and stews are fine.
AND very low fat and almost no cholesterol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the great wet has gawn!   the great wet has gawn! Empty

Back to top Go down

the great wet has gawn!
Page 1 of 1