Irene
-pops-
malcolm
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:16 pm

telling members that they are not posting enough is a form of cajoling however well meaning it may be. It if is truly OUR forum then let it be. If we chose not to post all the time then that is our decision. I agree with catgate comments - let it be.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:34 pm

davo wrote:
telling members that they are not posting enough is a form of cajoling however well meaning it may be. It if is truly OUR forum then let it be. If we chose not to post all the time then that is our decision. I agree with catgate comments - let it be.

I might have misunderstood catgates comments. I took it to mean do not say anything.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 3:25 pm

malcolm wrote:
It looks like the forum has ............been abandoned, forsaken and left to die.
Where is everyone and why have the posts dried up ?

My later posts have been in response to what Malcolm started.

I have been too long on this planet and have spent a fair chunk of that moderating forums to know that If apathy creeps in the forum will die.  I entirely respect the fact that there is no compulsion for people to post - that's fine. However - in the long run a forum will go stale if we all take a back seat.  I recognise that much of the humour I post is corny - but on my other forum the same stuff often produces a flow of humorous banter.

I am not trying to cajole anyone into posting more - I was just pointing out that I am going through a lull and not posting at anywhere near my usual rate. Hence I see myself as part of the inactivity problem which must have caused Malcolm to post as he did.

Roll on next week - I will be touring Croatia.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:06 pm

My post was an observation, not an admonishment.
Like I said...this is your forum and your meeting place....it's yours to keep or yours to lose.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Have a great time in Croatia Alan....I love the place, Dubrovnik is my favourite holiday destination.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm

It's a cracking little forum as far as I am concerned and I am here to stay.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Goldie wrote:
It's a cracking little forum as far as I am concerned and I am here to stay.
That makes me very pleased Goldie, you are one of our best assets.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 5:40 am

there are approx 22 topics that at present have been posted with no responses -  is this a sign of malaise; disinterest; dislikes or all three or some other kind of social illness?? groan
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 7:39 am

davo wrote:
there are approx 22 topics that at present have been posted with no responses -  is this a sign of malaise; disinterest; dislikes or all three or some other kind of social illness?? groan
Maybe it's just to give you reason to complain yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 3:58 pm

NO - just an observation as yours was after all I am commenting on what you described as OUR forum?

after all you did say at the beginning "".....been abandoned, forsaken and left to die.
Where is everyone and why have the posts dried up ?"" bit dramatic what? if it dies then it's ours to let die isn't it - but rest assured Mal I feel more optimistic that it is in a healthy state and won't die so just relax a bit and let us get on with the fun of OUR forum! 🎸
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Pope Pumicestone will always produce quality (posts) rather than quantity .....
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySat May 20, 2017 12:32 am

Pumicestone wrote:
Pope Pumicestone will always produce quality (posts) rather than quantity .....
Been "walkabout" sport?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:16 am

Pummy is always so modest  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:14 am

He has so much to be modest ABOUT.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 am

well when you live in what was once the most corrupted state in OZ it pays to be modest! hat
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm

malcolm wrote:
.....been abandoned, forsaken and left to die.
Where is everyone and why have the posts dried up ?

well we keep posting but someone keeps locking threads - wanna try this one?? batman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It looks like the forum has .......   It looks like the forum has ....... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It looks like the forum has .......
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next