Ciderman
ourjimmy
Irene
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Irene
Irene

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Does anyone still keep in touch with any old school friends?

-----------------------------------------
..Old School Friends Irene_10
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Yes I do Irene--i am in contact with a few most of the year -also we have an annual get to-gether the week before Christmas i would say about 8 of us.
Each time we meet the old school photographs come out and a discussion about each one on the pics.

Old School Friends 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Maybe this will help Irene                www.worldschoolphotographs.comOld School Friends Extlink

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Yes I have had a few visit over the last 3 or 4 years largely through facebook connections. As I moved away from Auckland where I went to secondary school, I lost touch with most of my good buddies and many of them have also spread across the world. There is a regular Takapuna Grammar school alumni group who I talk to online but have not yet managed to attend any reunions. There's a School 90 year celebration later this year- maybe!!

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Irene
Irene

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:23 pm

I have three particular class mates with whom I am in regular contact.

We have arranged numerous reunion dinners with all we still have contact from our senior school class.  Which reminds me, it's about time I instigated something in the relatively near future...

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 pm

I have one school friend who lives just along the road from me. We were part of the same group of friends during our schooldays and early working days. Our ages are only 10 days apart and we go for a meal with our wives around the time of our birthdays. We might see each a few times a year other than that but not too much more.
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm

I think it is a good thing to keep in touch with old school pals--you can see too much of relatives -they come in handy at times but i much prefer my old pals.

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Sadly my best friend died in 1997. I worked with a couple of girls from school but we're not in my class.

There was a school reunion back in 2004 but I did not fancy it. Not sure why though.

blowkiss
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:33 am

It's a staggering thought that I have know these 'girls' since we were all 11yrs old!  Old School Friends Gather10

I find it incredible that when we all get together, they all seem the same as when we were at school.  The laughter rings out in their familiar tones.     Old School Friends Group10

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 am

I was friends with my Pal from aged 7. 

I have great mates back in the UK and here. Us women know how to laugh when we are together. You have this in built humour  yes
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:58 am

I have lost touch with all but one, and met up again with him when we visited his bowling green for an away match.  I bump into him occasionally in Lichfield.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Old School Friends 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 am

I have not moved away from my home town, although moved to the other side of it, and 
I still see several old school friends regularly but not on any organised occasions, judt chance meetings mostly.
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Most of my school days were in the Middle East so my old school friends are scattered all over the place. I still keep in touch with a few of them via email etc. and have met up with them over the years. I used to go and stay with one in particular every summer but sadly she died a couple of years back and that hit me quite badly.

There is also a group on Facebook of friends from the same school so plenty of reminiscing/photographs shared and there is also a reunion every year in a different UK venue. I've been to 3 or 4 of those.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 pm

On moving counties as a teen I made a close friend of another lad - we spent leisurely holidays in each others homes and then school leaving came and we seemed to drift apart - I heard he was heading south to work and I followed suit a year later in the same works place - but then other friends appeared on the scene and girls of course. I got married and he headed off to Canada to work and live. I lost touch but then heard that he had been killed in a head on car collision with a drunk driver. I had the chance to visit his grave a few years later and as I stood and looked at his gravestone all I could say was "ya a long way from home lad"

happy memories had turned sour and become sad ones if only we could predict the future and make side turns!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old School Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Friends   Old School Friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Old School Friends
Page 1 of 1