HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the land is alive with the sound of raindrops

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  Empty
PostSubject: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 12:10 am

we call it Yorro Yorro in local dialect!

Our block has been transformed from a burnt earth pindana soil to a lovely canopy of weeds all 8.5 acres of it - removing them could involve a very large whipper snipper, OR drive on lawn mower OR a horizontal gate pull by a car - Now where to start??
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Which method have you chosen.

I s'pose waiting for it to dry out and setting it on fire is not on the menu?

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:00 am

Well it's dry as a bone here. Haven't had any rain for weeks and even that was only nuisance value. Meanwhile the south of the other island has had floods.

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:03 am

AlanHo wrote:
Which method have you chosen.

I s'pose waiting for it to dry out and setting it on fire is not on the menu?

one I didn't mention - we are calculating gallons and gallons or is that litres and liters of weedkiller - only problem is it might kill all the local habitat including the dogs!!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 am

Can't you wound up thum wabbits to eat the thodding weeds

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 am

AlanHo wrote:
Can't you wound up thum wabbits to eat the thodding weeds

ah now ya in the wrong territory for rabbits - remember the rabbit proof fence - we keep em out they stay east! garden
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 9:57 am

Sell the technology to Trump.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:20 am

the sound of raindrops has turned into the sound of lashing monsoonal rains. I just managed to arrive back at the  homestead and carport with the dogs when the heavens opened. and at 22C it was too cold for me to sit out in me shorts and vest!

2 hrs later the monsoon has abate and it is back to  raindrops with 'lakes' everywhere around. beware of waterways which can shut the engine down dead. However in the areas surrounding our capital city Perth there is torrential rain too and rivers over flowing - several elderly have already been washed away in the cars never to be seen for some time.

Whilst in NSW they are experiencing the worst fires for years. I think on the whole we are lucky in the west to have calmer weather although we do get snow on some of ours southern ranges and 40 temps at times in the mid north. It is certainly a land of extremes AND we are an extremely happy peoples!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:21 am

AlanHo wrote:
Sell the technology to Trump.

unfortunately fleeing Mexicans are a tad taller than rabbits!
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 am

Don't underestimate Americans!
https://safeshare.tv/x/fJuNgBkloFE

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the land is alive with the sound of raindrops    the land is alive with the sound of raindrops  Empty

Back to top Go down

the land is alive with the sound of raindrops
Page 1 of 1