davo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

font sizing  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:22 pm

One of the problems I have experienced in tinkering with the default values on a forum is ensuring that such changes are compatible with all platforms.

More and more people now use tablets rather than PC's and a growing number rely upon their phone. Many phone users use the Tapatalk app to access forums and this is known to introduce compatibility issues.

Hence tinkering to satisfy one need can, like a medicine, cure one problem and create another.

Just saying - I am far from being the "font" of all knowledge.  I'll get me coat. hat
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Yes indeed Alan, but how is it for you ?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:53 pm

It's OK Malcolm I use a desktop PC - perhaps we have no-one who uses Tapatalk on a phone.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:58 pm

malcolm wrote:
I have adjusted the font in the css style sheet to 15px
Please tell me if you find it ok now

That is much much better Malcolm. 👏  blowkiss
It was a bit squinty before

After reading what Alan said I hope it doesn't make problems elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm very glad that it's better sags 
I have three machines that I use on a daily basis and I have to find a happy medium that is OK on all of 'em
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Zooming usually zooms both text and images. That's OK but the definition of images (photos) can suffer a bit if they are zoomed. If this isn't wanted, there are ways of zooming text only in Firefox and Chrome.

Firefox has a setting in the toolbar for this. It's in the 'View'menu (View > Zoom > Zoom Text Only). Once set, use the CTRL key + mouse wheel to set the zoom level. Press CTRL+0 to go back to the default level.

Chrome needs an extension added to do the same. The extension is called (rather cleverly :)) 'View Text Only. When installed, it places an icon in the top Toolbar where the zoom text only preference can be set. Press the 'Reset' button to return text to the default size. Unfortunately, the zoom this extension provides does not work with some text entry boxes (where posts are written for instance) so, just for that, zooming would have to be done using the ways described in previous posts.

The zoom settings are remembered 'per site', so various sites can be set to various levels as required.

As far as I know, there is now way of zooming text only in Internet Explorer or Edge. Nor any way of setting a zoom level 'per site' as can be done in Firefox and Chrome.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:20 pm

zoom zoom zoom - i'm off for a drive then!! there's so many fonts of knowledge here its unbearable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: font sizing    font sizing  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

font sizing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2