malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

What's on your menu today - Page 59 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 7:22 am

Beef casserole for us today, served with boiled potatoes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Two peices of chicken breast with curly fries and BBQ sauce. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm

We had to put up with Croatia Hotel fare - admittedly very nice - but we could cook better.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 8:58 pm

We had Croatia Hotel fare - admittedly very nice - but we could cook better.

Dinner tonight was pure voyeur entertainment. Three guests entered the restaurant. A fairly thin long haired hippy type guy accompanied by a very fat woman who was as wide as she was tall and a very obese boy about 12 to 13 years old.

They ordered 3 Coca Colas for the boy and they had two bottles of lager each. This was marginally cheaper than a bottle of wine.

For starters, the boy made straight for the dessert counter and came back with a soup dish piled high with cake and ice cream - plus a plate of potatoes and bread which he assembled into spud sandwiches. The man came back with a plate of salad and the woman with a dinner plate piled with what looked like a beef main course with some salad.

The boy devoured his pudding starter and as soon as the waiter cleared his dishes away, headed for the dessert counter again. The man was meanwhile nibbling at his salad whilst the woman was shovelling her huge starter down. The boy came back with another huge pile of cakes, ice cream and mousse in a soup dish and had eaten it before the man and woman had finished theirs.

They all then headed for the main course counter, the guy returning with some fish and more salad. The boy was next back with a plate of beef slices, a chicken leg and a huge pile of roast potatoes topped with a mountain of spaghetti. We were not sure what the woman came back with because she sat with her back to us but whatever it was would have fed a family.

Yet again the boy had finished well before the other two and headed for the dessert counter again - carrying with him his second bottle of Cola which he swigged as he walked down the restaurant. He re-appeared with yet another soup dish piled high with cake and ice cream which he demolished before the woman and guy had eaten their main course.

Meanwhile the guy and woman called over the waiter to fetch more beer before going for their dessert accompanied by the boy. The guy came back with a small dish of fruit - the other two returned with soup dishes piled high with dessert and a dinner plate piled with a selection of all the cakes.

This people watching was enough to give me indigestion - let alone these guys - we had finished our meal and departed with the thought that their next destination would be cheese and biscuits.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 11:09 am

Roast chicken with savoury rice eat2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 11:29 am

Pizza night for me.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Birdseye Chicken Chargrills, hash browns and peas.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptySat May 27, 2017 5:55 am

Sirloin steaks for us today with courgette and carrot ribbons, tomato salad and Jersey Royals.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:44 am

Nice spicy Chilli con carne today for us with plain boiled rice.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Today's menu is 'nothing' but I expect I'll nibble a few things later. I've got a red pepper that I'll probably slice up and make a dip for it. Got some sliced beef too, so perhaps some of that as well.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 1:49 pm

Pork fillet pan fried and then in the oven in a sauce, served with sauteed potato and onion and beetroot
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 10:31 am

Yesterday was 'Thai inspired prawn fishcakes'. They were on Tesco's 'Reduced' shelf. Down from £2.50 to £1.45. They were alright too. Eaten with fresh green beans.

I flavoured the beans up with butter, black pepper, Hoisin sauce, Chinese curry paste and Panang curry paste. I experiment quite a bit with ways to spice greens up. Sometimes it's good and sometimes not so good. This mixture was good.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 am

Lamb chops and chips, carrots and broccoli.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Tonight will be a microwave meal. A Tesco's Chicken Madras with a big handful of frozen peas thrown into it.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 am

Asda Chicken en croute with roasties, corn on the cob and sprouts.
Rice puddin' for afters.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 3:48 pm

I think it is fish and some mix veg with parsley sauce
And strawberries & cream after
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 59 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 59 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 68  Next