AlanHo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:39 pm

I've just got a Jaguar XE .... and it was a nightmare at first, everything electronic it took a lot of getting used to.
Sometimes I wonder just who is driving whom.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 pm

I honestly  don't understand the need for all these menu driven controls on a touch screen. I would much prefer old fashioned knobe and buttons - you soon get used to their location and don't need to take your eyes off the road to select them.

This BMW is bad enough but I recently hired a Citroen in Gran Canaria and it was a total nightmare. Wherever possible I avoid anything French but on this occasion had no choice.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:25 pm

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 Piccy10
My wife asked a passer-by to take a picture of us both. We were wandering round the Old Town Albufiera for her to take photos.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 1:07 am

god alan you struck lucky - looks like she's made of silver - cash her in immediately! hat
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 5:40 pm

A nice feature of Portugal is that if you fall on hard times and have to leave a building unoccupied for a while – someone will feel sorry for you and paint it free of charge - presumably to stop it deteriorating.

There are a lot of such buildings in Alhao – this is one I was able to park near to get a photograph.

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 Artwork%201

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 Artist%203

Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Have you been to Lagos Alan--we went by train from Alberfure murgs dance

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 7:16 pm

We rented a villa on the outskirts of Lagos last year.

Portugal has become one of our favourite holiday destinations. We rent a car and travel to somewhere new each day.

Having seen so many towns here they all blend into one and I can't remember anything outstanding about Lagos.

We visited Albufeira yesterday but it was a ghost town with hardly any visitors. The storms of last week seem to have effected the drains because there was a slight pong in the old town. I call it Au de Colon.  The escalators down the cliff to the old town stopped working and we had to walk back up which was a bit of a bugger.

Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 8:19 pm

We were stuck for somewhere to go that day so decided to go by train --as you say Lagos not much to talk about had the worst food there during our stay,

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 1:55 am

have you seen cliff at all?
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 2:24 am

I've jumped off one Davo, either attached to a rubber band or into deep water.

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:50 am

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1050012
. . ..
During my travels I have seen Stork nests before - but never so close up with the birds visible.

These are nesting on a church in Olhao. Storks have been nesting there for longer than the locals can remember
..AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1050010

Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 5:35 pm

I've got to show my grandson these photos next time he's here, he'll love them... as do I.  :;smile: When he was about 4 years old I bought him one of those I-Spy bird books for when we used to go in the park. This started off an interest in birds and now during school holidays we get on the train and go for a day out bird watching. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm

We didn't take many photos on this trip. We have holidayed in The Algarve so many times that not much jumps out and shouts "photograph me"

In addition I only took my Lumix compact camera this time - my "proper" SLR is a bit bulky and I decided to travel light. The high contrast lighting at this time of the year makes it difficult with a simple point and shoot camera to get decent pictures

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:30 pm

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040914

My wife caught me having s snooze one afternoon

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040912AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040913

Last edited by AlanHo on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:32 pm

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040916AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040915AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1040917

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:33 pm

AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1050018AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1050016AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 P1050017

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AWOL For 10 Days   AWOL For 10 Days - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AWOL For 10 Days
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next