4 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 pm

I just wondered if any of our new members had any suggestions that they feel may improve their forum experience.
I personally think that this forum platform is the best I have come across in all my years of 'foruming'
And that there is very little I can do to make it better......but, you never know yes
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 pm

This is an easy forum to get used to with a simple menu structure and clean presentation.

Just a few things off the top of my head - none are necessary but things I miss from elsewhere

A "Go Down" button at the top of the page would be nice so you can jump to the last post in a thread rather than having to scroll down.

Similarly, an "active topics" button at the bottom of the page would save you having to manually scroll to the top to select the remaining active topics

A more generous helping of smileys would be nice - andsome might agree - he exhausted all the smileys at WF yes .

A facility to bookmark a particular thread or threads

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 6:44 am

Alan wrote:
A "Go Down" button at the top of the page would be nice so you can jump to the last post in a thread rather than having to scroll down

Far left yellow up/down arrows under your avatar

Alan wrote:
Similarly, an "active topics" button at the bottom of the page would save you having to manually scroll to the top to select the remaining active topics
bottom right of active topics page yellow 'up' button

Alan wrote:
A more generous helping of smileys would be nice
There are three pages of smileys click the button and click 'view more emoticons'

Alan wrote:

Top of a topic page right hand side click 'actions' then 'add to your favourites'
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks for that Malcolm - I clearly needed to do more browsing of the forum before going to print.

I don't see my avatar when I open the active topics page - but I now see at the right of the title bar three little arrows - the right one being "down to bottom". 
This mirrors your second point about the up arrow at the foot of the page.

I was aware of the 3 pages of smileys - but I am spoiled on my other forum by a much wider choice - I have pinched some and entered them in my posts here

Oh - I got favourites now. I assume the route to open your list of favourites is to click on your profile and then favourites. There seems to be no "one click" route.

Thanks again.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 12:31 pm

AlanHo wrote:

Oh - I got favourites now. I assume the route to open your list of favourites is to click on your profile and then favourites. There seems to be no "one click" route.

You got me there Alan, I have never used the favourites option and had no idea how to access them..
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 5:28 pm

AlanHo wrote:
Thanks for that Malcolm - I clearly needed to do more browsing of the forum before going to print.

I don't see my avatar when I open the active topics page - but I now see at the right of the title bar three little arrows - the right one being "down to bottom". 
This mirrors your second point about the up arrow at the foot of the page.

I was aware of the 3 pages of smileys - but I am spoiled on my other forum by a much wider choice - I have pinched some and entered them in my posts here

Thanks again.

Should have gone to specsavers. drum
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:13 pm

AlanHo wrote:
This is an easy forum to get used to with a simple menu structure and clean presentation.

Just a few things off the top of my head - none are necessary but things I miss from elsewhere

A "Go Down" button at the top of the page would be nice so you can jump to the last post in a thread rather than having to scroll down.

A more generous helping of smileys would be nice - andsome might agree - he exhausted all the smileys at WF yes .

I won't be exhausting the WF smilies any longer.  Have been banned indefinitely. I think my link to here started it,we are definitely being spied on.:lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Suggestions 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 8:56 pm

andsome wrote:
think my link to here started it,we are definitely being spied on

I was told it was to make sure you were still here and did not appear to be wanting to go back!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Andsome - sorry to read that - but it all kicked off following my last post there. The difference being that I didn't do any overt soliciting.

We could all change our names and avatars here, then they would be spying on someone else. You could change your avatar to an ugly one and call yourself gruesome as camouflage

Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 am

AlanHo wrote:
Andsome - sorry to read that - but it all kicked off following my last post there. The difference being that I didn't do any overt soliciting.

We could all change our names and avatars here, then they would be spying on someone else. You could change your avatar to an ugly one and call yourself gruesome as camouflage

It is as dead as a Dodo there, I just wanted to make sure that the few left over there were aware of this forum. I ain't gonna grieve. drum drum drum

Suggestions 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 am

If you wish me to add a few more smilies just copy and paste 'em on to the smilies thread.
some may work and some may not.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 am

malcolm wrote:
If you wish me to add a few more smilies just copy and paste 'em on to the smilies thread.
Done that have a look

Suggestions 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 5:41 pm

andsome wrote:
malcolm wrote:
Done that have a look

Your smilies were not smiling - they were a touch embarrassing actually

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
Page 1 of 1