Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning Empty
PostSubject: car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning   car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am

Once upon a time, year after year, I had car breakdown and recovery cover by the RAC. However they hiked the premiums about 6 years ago and I saved nearly £40 a year when I changed to Green Flag.

The annual premium renewal was about £50 but crept up £69 by Jan 2020, then £78 in 2021 and the renewal for Jan 2022 is quoted at £87.

Hence, I obtained web quotes from the AA and RAC – but they were even more.

So, I opened the Green Flag website and got a quote, pretending to be a new customer, and was quoted £49 for what appeared to be exactly the same cover.

Wondering whether I had misunderstood the wording of the tick boxes I had to make my way through to get a quote, I phoned Green Flag and explained that I wanted confirmation of the web quote I had obtained. She went through the cover provided and I asked questions as we progressed through my requirements.  She then quoted the same £49.

I then admitted I was already a customer and asked why the renewal was £89. The Green Flag rep  did not seem surprised and said they would match the web and telephone quote. Not in the least embarrassed by the discrepancy.

Reluctantly I asked her to renew the 2022 cover at the £49 premium because :-
* I have previous experience of their service which was excellent
* Similar breakdown cover with AA and RAC are twice the cost
* Which and Trust Pilot reviews put Green Flag near the top.

I am still smarting at nearly being duped because I am normally fastidious at checking insurance renewals, especially for house, contents and car every year but have allowed breakdown cover to slip through the net.

Please don’t fall into the same trap if you have car breakdown cover.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning   car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 11:36 am

Same thing happened to me Alan...with them and car insurance and home insurance, you have to be one step ahead of the game these days.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning   car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:14 am

As you do Alan, I peruse the insurance policies I hold yearly.....We dont own a car anymore and whizz about on a couple of 125 scooters.....But the annual scam of price rise in both the policies and the house are attended to by myself and are always reduced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning   car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning Empty

Back to top Go down

car Breakdown Insurance - A Warning
Page 1 of 1