The Beast
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

Latest and last venture. Empty
PostSubject: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:54 pm

I have been busy lately setting up what I hope will be my last business to take me up to retirement.....It's a bar/ bodega in my local town of Blanes between Girona and Barcelona.....It's  seasonal business and will be open for 7 months a year.....me and the missus will run it and we'll work mainly with Spanish, Dutch and Russian tourism.....
I'm glad to see the forum surviving and will make an effort to visit more often after opening night next Friday.
Should ever any member pass by....The vino is on me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:16 am

Good luck with the new venture Beastie ! Latest and last venture. 1695888395
I was in Blanes about 30 years ago - On holiday at another resort [Pineda de Mar] I developed toothache and had to visit a Dentist, and the nearest one was in Blanes, I travelled there by rail, the train track ran along the beach....aaaghhh happy days ! oh no
Glad that all's well with you and yours and that you have not forgotten us.
Your football team are doing well this season and may well be promoted to The Championship on Sunday, fingers crossed  murgs dance yes
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Gosh .. a bar/bodega sounds like a lot of hard work though it sounds kind of fun.
Good luck with it Beast.
I'll raise a toast to your success from the good old wet and windy UK on Friday night Latest and last venture. 1695888395
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Up and running for a week now!
Very quiet with tourists but ticking over.....Weather rather indiffernt for late May but still shorts and T-shirts.
Can't seem to get rid of the underline on my tablet?
Hope everyone is well?
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi Beast! I was wondering how you were getting on.
Ticking over ... sounds good. May your little venture go from strength to strength Latest and last venture. 1695888395
I was half expecting you to post a list of minor catastrophes during all the setting up.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Three weeks now and the town is still rather void of any tourism in any big numbers.....But it really starts on the 23rd of this month.......Managed a few hours r&r this morning before work beckoned!

/19053687/39]Latest and last venture. Img_2011[/url]
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Have you moved house Beastie ?
The pool looks quite different from when you built it a few years ago !
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 am

That pool looks very inviting beast. :;smile:
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm

I can just see us meerkat ... me and thee floating on those what are they called thingies .. soaking up the sun. The guys here been fab waiters and bringing us a constant relay of cooling drinks.

How deep is it Beastie?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Its only 2 metres deep at the deep end????? Doh!

The business has been running 54 days now and its been a slow start to the summer so far.....The high season starts this week so we are hoping for an influx of people???!
I'm just getting used to 14 hour days after four years of retirement.....A tad knackering and I'll be 59 this month.
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Never been there Beastie  good luck mate lets hope its a long summer for you Latest and last venture. 1695888395

-----------------------------------------
Latest and last venture. 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 6:18 pm

I came across this old picture a while back i think dated around the early thirties-can you imagine wearing overalls like this in this day and age[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Latest and last venture. 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Well, we have just closed the doors on summer 2015 but. will open weekends until mid November......It has been a fairly busy summer but was only a ' High' season for 6 weeks.
After working nearly 14 hours a day I'm looking forward to a break! Alas, the list of huge tasks around the house and garden eclipses what I thought was hard work this summer.
Delighted to see the forum trundling along, albeit a tad quiet. Well done to all of you for continuing to contribute and long may it continue.
I look forward to being a participating member........again!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Only just spotted this thread,sorry. Hope all carries on going well.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Latest and last venture. 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Glad that all's well Beastie and we will be very pleased to see you posting again yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest and last venture.   Latest and last venture. Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest and last venture.
Page 1 of 1