Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 3:56 pm

In June 2013 we moved house – downsizing from a fairly large 4 bedroom detached house to a two bedroom semi on a really nice private retirement estate of 15 properties. The previous house was too big for my wife to look after and the garden for me had become a chore.

One of the bedrooms in the previous house was my study and when we moved I commandeered the second bedroom in the new house and moved all my stuff in – thus turning the house into a one bedroom property.

This is a picture of the result.

My Latest Project Study_10

I did my best to keep it tidy – but my wife has become increasingly frustrated with my untidy habits and diplomatically kept reminding me.

So – two months ago I decided to silence her by making the supreme sacrifice and turn the study back into a bedroom. This is the provisional result – the bed has only just been delivered and is yet to be tarted up with the inevitable fancy throw, pillows and a mountain of cushions.  I also need to get new light fittings.

My Latest Project 5pGadgL 

But all is not as it seems – open the wardrobe doors and voila – we have a secret study which contains all my “stuff”. I designed and produced detailed drawings of the wardrobe which a local bedroom and kitchen furniture workshop made and installed for me. I must say I am rather chuffed with the result and management has awarded me a pile of house points.

My Latest Project YXOmmPC

This is a close up of the command centre – the black box under the monitor is our CCTV video recorder the rest of the stuff is self evident.

My Latest Project WNwzETV

Good innit................ hat

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:11 pm

What a good idea Alan and very nice too. 

We just put an offer in on two bed bungalow. As the second bedroom is quite small we have plans to change into a dinning room.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:55 pm

My office is our third bedroom, but it is large enough to house a sofa bed ,so can still be used as a bedroom for visitors.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

My Latest Project 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Libby would have preferred me to vacate the room altogether so we could have a double bed and small robes each side. However, I am the director of our Estate Managing Company and I have to do a lot of admin and accounts work plus publish a monthly newsletter - so I must have a study, fast computer, laser printer etc for which there is no room elsewhere.

One of my friends has the same problem as me working from home and asked for a set of my drawings to amend some sizes to suit their spare bedroom. I should be charging commission....... giggle

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Keep this to yourselves - but one of the reasons for me hanging onto a study and not having a spare double bed is to make it impossible to accommodate visitors...... batman

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 pm

That's all worked out well Alan. A good compromise between the room being a study and a bedroom.

The only thing I'd do extra is put a false back on the compartment below the keyboard. That's only because I'm over fussy about keeping cables out of sight as much as possible though. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Latest Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Latest Project   My Latest Project Empty

Back to top Go down

My Latest Project
Page 1 of 1