+2
andsome
Goldie
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
davo

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 pm

ah but I am a British citizen and have a passport to prove it and visit UK regularly. I can have a say it my mother country. But Ciderman if you have jetisoned your UK citizenship then as Malcolm so adroitly put it:

It is another matter where ex UK citizens take on citizenship of another country, they have no right to even an opinion.

I disagree - I value your opinions always Ciderman - having no right to vote or become an MP is one thing but having an opinion I think is a human right all over the globe - are we not brothers and sisters of the same planet? and do we not care about each other - surely that is worthy of an opinion?

I do hope your opinions are not stifled on here Ciderman?

after all I could site and quote 'opinions' on this site that have been expressed about nations all over the globe
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:05 pm

davo wrote:
ah but I am a British citizen and have a passport to prove it and visit UK regularly. I can have a say it my mother country. But Ciderman if you have jetisoned your UK citizenship then as Malcolm so adroitly put it:

It is another matter where ex UK citizens take on citizenship of another country, they have no right to even an opinion.

I disagree - I value your opinions always Ciderman - having no right to vote or become an MP is one thing but having an opinion I think is a human right all over the globe - are we not brothers and sisters of the same planet? and do we not care about each other - surely that is worthy of an opinion?

I do hope your opinions are not stifled on here Ciderman?

after all I could site and quote 'opinions' on this site that have been expressed about nations all over the globe
 You creeping to Ciderman Davo.  :;smile:  he has his own opinions I think.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Goldie ... try not to ride roughshod over everyone. It is only a discussion where differing views are allowed, it's not handbags at dawn. teacup Chill out.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi Saags there are things you and members do not know, might be making me tense.

It am anxious at the moment adding to stress levels. Me and Davo have never really hit  it off.

I merely try to understand him but don't,  not sure if it's a cultural thing or not. I never know if he is joking or being serious.
No other ladies seem to comment on any of the news items. Are they being put off by over bearing comment?

I keep out of the threads with his humour as it just does not appeal.  

This thing on dogs on wards quite  frankly went from a sensible discussion to something quite ridiculous in my view. 

I am keeping away from Davo unfortunately. I have nothing against the guy but thinks it's best all around.

Just off to join the knitting circle  :;smile: x
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Stuff the knitting ... folding paper aeroplanes and aiming them at the bin is more fun and much more therapeutic. 

Discussions can provoke friction sometimes .. we're all different with our own quirky little idiosyncrasies , off beat humour or method of expression.
That's why forums are such fun. 
I think most people disagreed with my view but I'm not going to sit and beat my chest with frustration over it (I'm already flat-chested enough. and no, I'm not providing photos before anyone asks whistle ).

Laidback is best.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Very erudite miss piggy. Well said. hat

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Everyone needs to let off a little steam occasionally... Nothing wrong with that but just leave it there and don't carry it around from thread to thread
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 pm

sags wrote:
Stuff the knitting ... folding paper aeroplanes and aiming them at the bin is more fun and much more therapeutic. 

Discussions can provoke friction sometimes .. we're all different with our own quirky little idiosyncrasies , off beat humour or method of expression.
That's why forums are such fun. 
I think most people disagreed with my view but I'm not going to sit and beat my chest with frustration over it (I'm already flat-chested enough. and no, I'm not providing photos before anyone asks whistle ).

Laidback is best.
Pork chop

I know it is hard for you to believe I am very laid back and love to laugh and have fun. Everything here in Lanza goes over my head so many  moaning ex pat Brits, we learned the hard way and did it ourselves through research and determination..

In my job I always kept a  cool head.

I often say to hubby wish I had a brick as a heart but I haven't.  His reply I married you  for you as you care for others. Not some hard bitch like my ex wife.

He is teaching me not to be so quick to lend a helping hand, would others he says?

he says . It is a struggle for me as it comes naturally to do that. 

He hates forums does not belong to any  as we have a friend on a rugby fotum deliberately winds people up. He tells the most amazing lies and taunts. Alien to me. I ask him why? I just love winding  people up.

Sorry Davo no offence but I am going to ignore you, we always seem to misunderstand each other,  by all means email me but I don't want argument on a public thread.

I feel strongly about some things so just tend to write my thoughts.

As they say Sags.

I will try I will try to improve my bust :;smile: the olds ones are always the best x
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 pm

play the ball not the man??
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Wise words ... and you can bet I have my straight face on when I say ..
I never play with men's balls. yes
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 5:19 pm

sags wrote:
What  about pigs ones as you are miss Piggy  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm

sags wrote:

I am really dissapointed now. Let me know if you change your mind. hat

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Ciderman wrote:
You still on a UK passport Davo? Whatever for? When I first went back to the UK in the 1960's I had a UK passport. Everywhere I went somebody didn't like Brits. The same applies to French, German, American etc. After that I got a Kiwi passport and everybody was nice to us. There were always jobs on offer when they found I was from NZ. even though I always told them I would be going back sometime.
When the EEC was started the preferential access to Commonwealth countries countries fizzled out and Britain dumped us. It was hard going establishing new markets for our exporters, it took years but now we have access to Asian countries with lots more people who all need feeding. Before the EEC our roads were full of British built cars , tractors and machinery, now you hardly see any less than 40 years old. As a one time Brit myself, I have been surprised at how home grown Kiwis don't hold this against the Mother Country despite the hard times of the 1970'/80's after contributing to two world Wars with up to 66% casualties and 18% killed. Only since I have been working part time in a museum have I realised the sacrifices made by New Zealand and Australia for the concept of 'Empire'.
Same here they do not like our Colombian population, great number here.

Maybe I am an internationalist and don't see race or colour 

Lot is forgotten through history Ciderman. The Ghurkas through Joanne Lumleys efforts only just being recognised their tremendous support in WW2

Humans are a selfish bunch
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Goldie wrote:
Ciderman wrote:
You still on a UK passport Davo? Whatever for? When I first went back to the UK in the 1960's I had a UK passport. Everywhere I went somebody didn't like Brits. The same applies to French, German, American etc. After that I got a Kiwi passport and everybody was nice to us. There were always jobs on offer when they found I was from NZ. even though I always told them I would be going back sometime.
When the EEC was started the preferential access to Commonwealth countries countries fizzled out and Britain dumped us. It was hard going establishing new markets for our exporters, it took years but now we have access to Asian countries with lots more people who all need feeding. Before the EEC our roads were full of British built cars , tractors and machinery, now you hardly see any less than 40 years old. As a one time Brit myself, I have been surprised at how home grown Kiwis don't hold this against the Mother Country despite the hard times of the 1970'/80's after contributing to two world Wars with up to 66% casualties and 18% killed. Only since I have been working part time in a museum have I realised the sacrifices made by New Zealand and Australia for the concept of 'Empire'.
Same here they do not like our Colombian population, great number here.

Maybe I am an internationalist and don't see race or colour 

Lot is forgotten through history Ciderman. The Ghurkas through Joanne Lumleys efforts only just being recognised their tremendous support in WW2

Where does Mr Enfield come into this?

Humans are a selfish bunch

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Some of the thread got overheated andsome and lead off somewhere else as most do andsome x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield   This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a Question Time Funny by Harry Enfield
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3