Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

A wander around my garden - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Wow its beautiful mac, what size is it.
I love gardens and gardening, our garden is not very big 
but we have an allotment as well.  :flower:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:27 am

thanks, the garden is about 1/3 of an acre, having lived here for nearly 30 years, apart from a few mature trees i've planted everything, put the paths and patios in, and created the borders, and yes sags, there is a "monet" type bridge.  Because of age and health problems, for the past few years, i have a gardener comes in once a month and does all the heavy work, leaves me to mow and strim and a little pottering.  The top and middle gardens are on different levels and quite formal, the bottom half is a wild garden that i created about five years ago after our last dog, think that will always be work in progress, but i give it the looked after look, by mowing paths through the long grass.  Over the years we have counted up about 40 different species of birds

On a success note, think i've cracked posting piccies  murgs dance
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:09 pm

I noticed the mown paths through the grass. I rather liked that look ... a semi wilderness.

I can remember watching an old Geoff Hamilton series on TV, (now he was a great gardener) .. and he had areas like that which he turned into a 'flowery mead'. The idea been to sow wild flowers in the longer grass and let them self sow and give it a once a year going over with a strimmer.

I could relax and potter about in your garden all day Macy. I really could and the hired help to do the heavy stuff is a must. It means you get to sit and sip your favourite tipple whilst admiring it.
I'd be tempted to run amok with bat boxes and bird boxes yes
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Macy lad! You shold be very proud of what you have achieved there..... We have1400 square metres.....In fact.....I think that is a third of an acre as well??? Ours though is on various levels and is comprised of pourous rocks containing flower and shrub beds.....My next job is to cut back the branches on 400 young fir trees that surround the property....They aren't any higher than 40ft but its knackering up and down the ladder all day....
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Ummmm??? How to upload photos from files and not from a photo sharing site please?
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi Beast

To upload a file from your computer
Look at the row of little icons above the reply box and select the one that looks like an image with a floppy drive on it, called Host An Image.
Go Browse for your file.
Check the size .. the 800 pixels can sometimes seem to big for here so opt for the 640 pixels.
Click Host it.
Three URL links will pop up. Copy and paste the one in the middle and pop it into your post.

If you have any problems just yell.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:26 pm

A wander around my garden - Page 3 Cimg4013
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

A wander around my garden - Page 3 Cimg4014
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

A wander around my garden - Page 3 Cimg4015
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Ta Saggysgal.....Think I will stick to an image hosting site as its taken me half a bloody hour to upload a few pics....Don't know if its my archaic, shambolic, medievil internet infrastructure that eqyates to 21st century in this country, or summat else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:54 am

looks like alot of trees beastie, you have quite a job on there would be nice to watch your progress

as for the uploading of piccies, after a practice i found it much earier than using a hosting site
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:25 pm

We have dozens of wild lavender bushes dotted around the garden, each a haven for butterfly's and preying mantises.....

A wander around my garden - Page 3 Cimg4021
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm

That's a good picture Beast,
The mantis is a weird looking creature
I always think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:36 pm

triffic shot
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Good piccie

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

A wander around my garden - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wander around my garden   A wander around my garden - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A wander around my garden
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3