Goldie
Purwell
davo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Galty

Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 8:52 pm

This seems to be more sophisticated

Talk of a network.

Visits to other countries in the past.

Think this is the beginning to an orginsed campaigne
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 10:41 pm

I see you have the same problem with your police as we have with ours but it doesn't comfort the bereaved does it?

police incompetence?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 9:54 am

Nothing helps the bereaved.

The Police/Security services didn't prevent this massacre but as said, they are reported to prevent many. Even though alerts were given about this bomber, what can the Police/Security services do after that? As the law stands at present in many countries, people can't be detained unless they actually do something wrong.

A suspected terrorist can be kept an eye on but there are plenty of others who also need the same. It isn't possible to track every move all of them make, although I'd agree it would be good if that could happen. One Policeman to monitor one 'person' who might perform a terrorist attack. Not a viable solution and a reason why some bombers will get through. I know there will always be the feeling that more could have been done but we are only armchair security people and Police. The problems would probably become more apparent if we were real security people and Police.

One way the situation could be resolved is internment. Then people can be detained without actually committing a crime. Perhaps this would cause more problems than it solves but it might have prevented the Manchester bombing.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:04 am

Internment would just add more fuel to the fire. 
It did not work in Northern Ireland, just rallied more to the cause, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:23 pm

the police apparently were constantly advised about this guy and did nothing about him -we are too soft and because of that people die
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Once the Police had been advised about him, what should they (or could they) have done since, at that time, he'd committed no crime?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

constant surveillance - stop excusing the police - they have already admitted they failed FGS!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:59 pm

I could argue that davo but you are getting angry with me, so I'm not going to. Needless to say we are both upset by the atrocity but think differently regarding the reasons for the failure to stop it.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:03 pm

I am no getting angry at all i can assure you - the police have admitted their error - they are accountable and people have died - thats all! this I believe could have been avoied
Back to top Go down
Galty

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm

In a way i am pleased about this.

Muslims in are communtey came forwade and reported him over a 5 year period.

The police did not follow it up but would have had some dater on him.

What I am pleased is the Muslims came forward and reported him.

Think that shows we of different faiths can live together.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:49 pm

couldn't have put it better myself galty!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm

As with all cases like this, it is the bad one's that give the good one's a bad name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arena attack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2