Purwell
davo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Manchester Arena attack Empty
PostSubject: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 3:15 am

Sadness and condolences for this catastrophe but I started puzzling. One of the biggest arenas in Europe ; sell out crowd of young people - what was happening to the arena security routinely and was there any police presence before and during the event. after all this is a copycat of the Paris attack and the rock concert there but this on a much larger scale.

it's all well and good swinging into  action after the event but what was happening before it??
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:00 am

Completely different to the Paris attack, this was a suicide bomber apparently, no firearms involved.
 It happened at the end of the concert, just as parents were arriving to pick up their teenagers. There would be an awful lot of coming and going happening, very difficult for security to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:10 am

How very sad a happy event spoiled by terrorism. These were mostly teenage fans. It's incomprehensible.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:42 am

Top of our news this evening! So sad that people can even consider doing this kind of thing. To what purpose? On a lesser scale, you can understand why someone steals something . They want it! But killing people including yourself is mental derangement.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 10:29 am

I think the security services are very pro-active here. Good enough to catch many planned attempts at bombing or killing. We hear on the News about some of them but there are probably also others that we don't hear anything about.

I expect people going into last night's concert were vetted and no doubt quite a bit of vigilance took place while people were inside and enjoying it. Perhaps this bomber noticed that security relaxed somewhat once an event was over because, ordinarily, it might be thought the danger point was past. If this is a possible scenario, I don't think the same assumption will be made again.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 12:56 pm

My thoughts and condolences are with all those concerned 
A very sad and tragic end to an evening
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 4:42 pm

It happened in the foyer,so he possibly was not vetted

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Manchester Arena attack 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

reminds me of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted - let''s  watch everyone coming in and throw them to the dogs going out. I thought security should be 24-24 not give and take?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Think you are being very unfair there.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm

fairness doesn't mean much to young people dying - I think their families might have wanted better security going out as coming in??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 7:03 pm

It's almost impossible to forestall a determined bomber intent on causing an atrocity because only (s)he knows for sure when and where the attack will take place. Other places in the World have found much the same thing. Sometimes, despite all the intelligence gathered and precautions taken, some attacks are tragically likely to get through. So who's fault is that? The security services? I'd say it isn't. Let's put the blame where it should lie ...fairly and squarely on the bomber. 
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 7:17 pm

bombers never accept blame surely??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:03 pm

It's early days and I expect News will come out about what happened, what didn't happen or shouldn't have happened. On reflection, it's probably wrong to assess matters just yet.

Maybe it is possible to try to put ourselves in the position of those who lost family Sad but also possible to put ourselves in the position of a security man ..who might also be a family man. I wonder if he will have a sense of failure that could last a lifetime, even though he wasn't responsible for the deaths and injuries. It must be hard to bear if people say his/her best wasn't good enough when their best was being given.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyTue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm

well we have no evidence their best was being given to those who died or were injured - as you said - perhaps to early to lay blame. We have a case in OZ were a deranged islamic guy held hostages in a sydney cafe for hrs - the police response at the formal inquiry was " we wont storm the cafe UNLESS he kills someone - he did kill two people then the police stormed in - they are now being heavily crucified by family and friends of the deceased for taking this stance. Police and security get slack the same as the rest of us at times
Back to top Go down
Galty

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack EmptyThu May 25, 2017 8:52 pm

This seems to be more sophisticated

Talk of a network.

Visits to other countries in the past.

Think this is the beginning to an orginsed campaigne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Arena attack   Manchester Arena attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arena attack
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next