davo
Goldie
malcolm
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Goldie

Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 10:38 pm

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Great photos Alan. I've not been to that part of the world.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 6:54 am

We drove to Montenegro on Tuesday -  2 hour totally scenic journey - there and back. It was a long hot day but well worth it. we had been advised to not take the main E65 road into Montenegro because getting through the border posts could take up to 3 hours - instead take a small coast road that added 30 minutes to the journey but the border posts were quick.  We met a couple yesterday whilst we were out walking that went to Montenegro on Monday by coach and they were 2 hours at the border post both ways. They only had a couple of hours in Montenegro and it was a waste of time and money.

A Croatian explained to us that during the war Montenegro sided with Serbia and attacked Croatia. She said that the only places you will find bomb damage is in Croatia because Montenegro and Serbia were the attackers and their territory was untouched. Hence the Croatian border guards resent visitors going into Montenegro and vice versa. We were lucky - we enjoyed a fabulous day there.

I took loads of photos but am short of time - we are going back home today. Here is one that amused me. It looks as though the cruise ship has crashed through the dock and into the road - but it had not of course. The road bent at the end of the dock and vehicles could safely drive under the bow.

Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 20170534

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 10:01 am

Glad you are having a good time.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 11:45 am

I see from the photo you have taken your yaucht with you Alan. I thought it was moored up for a paint job. cool
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm

On Wednesday Libby noticed some damage to the front passenger door of our hire car - the result of an adjacent parked car swinging their door open and hitting the car. It had left a couple of white paint streaks about 40 mm long and a significant dent about 25 mm dia and 4 mm deep. I expected a "discussion" with the rental guys when I returned the car.

Yesterday we returned the car to Sixt rental and the guy asked whether I had any problems with the car or their service. I was conscious that it was a brand new car and owned up that the car had been damaged. He walked out with me to be shown it. I pointed to the dent and paint scrapes down to the undercoat. He said "where" and I literally put my finger on the damage to point it out. He said "I still cannot see any damage and if I cannot see it, it isn't there" with a big smile and thumbs up.

Back in the office he gave me a copy of their inspection report which states clearly "No damage" on the car when collected and "No damage" when returned.

I'm going to use them again when we return to Croatia in October for another 10 day stay.

The flight home was scheduled to depart Dubrovnik at 21.25 and arrive at Birmingham at 23.25 local times (they are 1 hour ahead). But when we got into the terminal the departures board said "Delayed". We eventually boarded at 23.45 and had to wait 30 minutes for a slot - hence we didn't land at Birmingham until 01:15. After the usual crap performance through Birmingham immigration and luggage collection we finally got home at 02:20. The captain had advised us that on the way out from Birmingham to Dubrovnik Two passengers with check-in luggage failed to turn up at the gate. They spent 30 minutes trying to find them before having to offload all the luggage to retrieve the guilty parties stuff. I reckon people who do that should have to face a bloody stiff fine. Bastards.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm

yes Welcome home Alan, glad you had a great holiday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Sounds like a nice chap to have not noticed the damage on the car. A sort of whistle 'What damage Sir'.
I agree about the people who check their luggage through then mysteriously disappear just before the flight. I remember once going from Manchester to the USA and we sat on the tarmac for an hour while they took four suitcases out of the hold because four people had changed their minds and decided to not go. They had been arguing like hell about something while they where in the Departure lounge. She was calling him 'pig-headed' about something or other. Should have been castrated with a rusty knife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Alan's Croatian Holiday - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan's Croatian Holiday
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3