+2
andsome
davo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Count down to Life! Empty
PostSubject: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:17 pm

just watched I think the first episode of " Count down to Life: the extraordinary making of you" b by Michael Mosley - thoroughly enjoyable and well presented - I like his easy amicable style. If anyone after watching it is still convinced we are an accident of a big bang or freak of nature ya gotta be jokin!

this is a creation story in  all it's glory! garden
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 8:52 am

I missed the programme, but CANNOT accept creationism.  Why would a deity have created an infinitely sized universe for warlike crass stupid beings on a tiny planet situated at the edge of a relatively small galaxy?  I firmly believe that we are the product of physics and chemistry, and when we have popped of then that's it.  If this deity that you believe in is all wise and merciful and created everything, why did he create such stupid warlike creatures as us, why would he create Ebola, smallpox, bubonic plague etc etc?  The world did not form until about four billion years ago, ten billion or so years after the big bang and was just a red hot molten ball totally uninhabitable.  The first life was in single cell form, and some gradually combined to become multiple cell.  There have been several types of ape before we evolved, if this deity was so perfect, why did he get it wrong so many times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Count down to Life! 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 9:04 am

There is no argument against evolution !
The only argument against creationism is where do you stop !
If there is a God of creation, who created God and who created God's creator ?
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 8:59 pm

I am 95% sure there is not, but if there is a God, I would like to join the other side because (s)He is a sadist. I think I've quoted before but the woman on TV interview after the Katrina hurricane, saying "Two of my children were drowned but God was with me and other two were saved"  Logic???

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 pm

It makes people feel better if they think they can do things in the name of religion. Also the why are we here analogy. Surely there must me something at the end of it all.

I think human kind fall into two categories the giver or the takers, no sexual conatation here though. You either care or you do not hat

I have seen cruelness beyond belief in my career. 

I am not having a religious ceremony on my demise, just burned and scattered. The cheaper the better.

I fall into I do give a damn group.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:12 am

I have left instructions tha I be burned in the cheapest possible box and scattered in the back garden. I have requested that the fourth movement of Mahlers fifth symphony see me off. It will be a non religious occasion. 'Er indoors has requested the same,but with Stardust by Nat King Cole.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:49 am

I really don't care what happens to my mortal remains.
Funerals and all that goes with them will be none of my concern because I will not be there, so I would not be so churlish as to leave instructions what should be done with my cadaver nor to stipulate the background music....that is entirely up to those people who will be still be alive and have the tasks to deal with.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 am

I have to disagree. You certainly will be there. I firmly believe that a persons last wishes should be respected

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:55 am

My hubby sent me a song Thank You by Led Zeppelin in our courting days. It's our favourite tune.

I quite like Roll out the Barrel  whistle
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:37 am

I would have thought that Mahler Symphony No 2 would be more appropriate, andsome.

After all it is The Resurrection Symphony!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

-pops- wrote:
I would have thought that Mahler Symphony No 2 would be more appropriate, andsome.

After all it is The Resurrection Symphony!

True and it is my joint favourite together with his eighth,and is absolutely sublime musically,but is inappropriate at a humanist funeral,having religious connotations.

Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 pm

I have pre-arranged Annie Lennox singing "Into the West" to accompany a slide show of me , making a pratt of myself through the ages!

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count down to Life!   Count down to Life! Empty

Back to top Go down

Count down to Life!
Page 1 of 1