HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? Empty
PostSubject: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:29 pm

just click on the year you were born

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/about
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 pm

yes The Woodentops and later on was Dr Kildare.
I was born at home and remember it well. I heard Spotty Dog barking as I came down the birth canal.

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? Z
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:51 pm

did they have telly in those days Sags?
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 pm

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? Rolleyes ... Of course, but they were called , What The Butler Saw not TVs.

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjxcyM19lM8UD119hSTZ8k7Yal_9FW7mqBtiqmjBpIcGzkDB95
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Like many others, such tv screens as there were were top secret and showing German raiders.

Tommey Handley I suppose, not sure if Much Binding had started then.  The Brains Trust, Country Kagazine.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:11 pm

I can't remember, I was too preoccupied with pooping in my nappie. drum

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 pm

No TV when I was born but I remember 'Family Favourites ' on the radio from an early age along with 'journey into Space ' ...I was glued to the radio !
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Just a minute ....
Do you mean you didn't have a TV in your house Malcolm ...because on that site it says the first Radio Times was in 1923.
How old are you? 91?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:20 pm

that was for radio only sags they didn't start printing the TV until the mid 40's
and tv sets started to become popular in 1949 I remember we had one for the coronation
in 1952. There were about 30 neighbours all sitting around a 12" Ekco tv set watching it.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Yes .. they were the good old days. I can remember smacking the top of our old black & white TV when it didn't work ... wouldn't dare give these new fangled ones a thump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:47 pm

yes watching a grainy black and white picture and all of a sudden the screen would
start to roll and you'd have to get up and give it a thump on the side. One of the
favourite programmes of the time was "Dixon of Dock Green" such innocence
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Now that was a good series. I used to watch that.

Evening all.

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? 2Q==

and here's the theme tune ... get whistling along
http://www.televisiontunes.com/Dixon_of_Dock_Green_-_TV_of_the_50s_Version.html
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 am

My radio favourite as a kid was 'Dick Barton, special agent'.  The music at the beginning and end was  called The Devils gallop.  Fifteen minutes each weekday at 6-45PM.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?   what was on TV/Radio the day you was born? Empty

Back to top Go down

what was on TV/Radio the day you was born?
Page 1 of 1