5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 am

68 year-old Walter Bolton, born at Mangamahu in 1888, was the last person to be executed in New Zealand. Bolton was hanged in 1957 for the murder of his wife Beatrice, who died of arsenic poisoning. The death penalty for murder was abolished in New Zealand in 1961.
Bolton's farm at Okoia, just 5 kilometres east of Wanganui, was tested and found to contain arsenic, and traces of arsenic were also found in small doses in her tea. The quantity consumed over the best part of a year was enough to kill. Bolton admitted to having had an affair with his wife's sister, Florence, a widow living in Wanganui. This was considered motive enough for the murder.
Sad  True story. Sheep_dip_1906Bolton dipped his sheep with Young's arsenical sheep dip powder, and the water from the dipping was emptied into a gully, near where water for his farm house water tank was pumped from a spring. 

This water was tested and found to contain arsenic, and traces of arsenic were also found in Walter and one of his daughters, and 
the defence argued that sheep dip had inadvertently got into the farm's water supply.

But the trial was in mid-December: and with eight of the jury being busy people who wanted to get back to their pre-Christmas preparations, they deliberated only two hours before bringing a verdict.
A year later Florence commited suicide, also by arsenic poisoning, and the ambulance driver who attended the scene later reported she left a note saying she had killed Beatrice.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 am

I used to believe in the death penalty, but I now have the sense to realise that mistakes can and have happened.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Sad  True story. 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm

I agree with you andsome - people who have committed the very worst heinous crimes should be incarcerated for life in a small cell equipped with Bose speakers playing non-stop Mahler at full volume.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:50 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I agree with you andsome - people who have committed the very worst heinous crimes should be incarcerated for life in a small cell equipped with Bose speakers playing non-stop Mahler at full volume.

That would be great,as long as I was fed decent mealsI would enjoy that,bring it on.hat

Sad  True story. 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:17 pm

You need to commit a heinous crime

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:16 pm

AlanHo wrote:
You need to commit a heinous crime
I'm not letting on.  Shhh

Sad  True story. 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Don't do it - 'er indoors would miss your guidance and we would miss your incessant bragging.

Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 am

My opinion (for what is worth) is that In every case the murderer should not be killed but instead should be compelled  to work in controlled conditions to provide money to pay for everything that was provided by the murdered person. Granted there will be certain things that can not be reproduced but it would not be long before the number of murders reached rock bottom.

p.s. I once knew a girl called that.
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 1:45 pm

AlanHo wrote:
drum drum drum drum drum yes indeed

Sad  True story. 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad  True story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad True story.   Sad  True story. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad True story.
Page 1 of 1