davo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Call the Midwife - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 8:28 am

So much for religious teaching, there ars so many stories about cruel nuns, What the hell is the matter with them?  I well remember a TV programme about nuns in a catholic laundry in Ireland, and their abominable treatment of the young women in there, a TRUE story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3097186/Magdalene-laundry-survivor-reveals-s-haunted-fear-breaking-labour-loneliness-ordeal-60-years-later.html
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:25 am

Those nuns suffered from bad habits.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:54 am

AlanHo wrote:

I won't have anything to do with any religion.  They are all as bad as one another. While I respect anyones but right to get involved if that is what they want, as long as they don't condemn me for being an atheist and proud of it. One member of a bowls club that I used to be in told me that I should be ashamed of myself because I played in the Sunday league, he told me I should be in church on Sundays.  Cheeky bugger.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Call the Midwife - Page 2 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 12:15 pm

I know what it is to loose a parent. My father died when I was two and a half,my sister was born two weeks after his death.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Call the Midwife - Page 2 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 pm

andsome wrote:
AlanHo wrote:

I won't have anything to do with any religion.  They are all as bad as one another. While I respect anyones but right to get involved if that is what they want, as long as they don't condemn me for being an atheist and proud of it. One member of a bowls club that I used to be in told me that I should be ashamed of myself because I played in the Sunday league, he told me I should be in church on Sundays.  Cheeky bugger.
Must agree on some of your points Andsome--it has split my family up good style.

Call the Midwife - Page 2 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm

I think the Nuns were harsh on themselves and so that's maybe why they were harsh on us boys. That wouldn't have been so bad if the schooling had been better. Taken out of the 'A' stream in early school years, I never got back into it when I returned. I think that place left a hole in my education during a critical time of development. At least, that's my excuse for turning out daft. :)

Some Nuns at the school could be thought of as being OK but they weren't much like the 'picture book' nice Nuns in Call the Midwife.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Awh our childhood follows us through to our adulthood.

I had a really happy childhood thanks to my parents and two brothers. 

Dad was great fun  and mum.  Apparently I am  like my mum. What a cheek  yes no meant as a compliment.

Funnily enough I was petrified of nuns as a child, they really scared me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Goldie wrote:
Awh our childhood follows us through to our adulthood.

I had a really happy childhood thanks to my parents and two brothers. 

Dad was great fun  and mum.  Apparently I am  like my mum. What a cheek  yes no meant as a compliment.

Funnily enough I was petrified of nuns as a child, they really scared me.

Overgrown Penquins. drum
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 pm

andsome wrote:
AlanHo wrote:

probably more concerned about you getting spiritual help for your bowling averages!! drum
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 11:46 pm

I am a non-catholic and have no truck with the catholic religion and what they preach but in all groups there are some good ones and I think call the midwife is attempting to show those 'few good nuns' with some of their failings as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call the Midwife   Call the Midwife - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Call the Midwife
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2