-pops-
davo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Not sure if the title is right but now they are running a series in OZ – but my gripe is the same. Whilst I perhaps would commend the energy that goes into restoring these buildings I just don’t get it. A couple sometimes with a baby at the breast discovers a broken down farm house somewhere in the wilds and decide this is their dream home! They then set about spending all their money sometimes becoming broke and relying upon family subsidizes, getting knocked back with their council applications and after some frustrating years finally make it and move it, having had the trauma filmed for a TV show. I still don’t get it, I’d rather just cruise around until I found a house that had been beautifully modified somewhere in Devon or Cornwall etc etc and move in straight away with no hassle. Any comments???

shy
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

1. Plenty of cash from the TV company that makes the programme - don't imagine all the hassle is real.

2. The recent phenomenon I call "desperation television". They ran out of ideas for new programmes some years ago so what we are getting on our TV now are the dregs of the dregs of reject programme ideas: selling your house, buying a house, buying and selling your house, selling your house and buying another, buying junk and selling it, finding junk and selling it, a plethora of "talent" shows for people with absolutely zero talent, stupid difficult physical tests, people (incompatible fools and idiots) being incarcerated in an enclosed environment for weeks on end whilst being watched by the TV audeince (this used to be called voyeurism and is illegal in most circumstances), similar people but euphemistically called "celebrities" plonked in a similar environment or dropped into the Australian jungle to "suffer" numerous indignities - all in return for a very large fee.

Jeez, don't get me going on what's wrong with modern TV. There are too many channels and too little content.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Well said pops. I totally agree.  Restoration Man Me_too10

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

davo wrote:
 ....... I’d rather just cruise around until I found a house that had been beautifully modified somewhere in Devon or Cornwall etc etc and move in straight away ......
Doesn't seem consistent with your claimed location in 'OZ' ?   scratch   

It does explain your confused and dated assertions about Australia though.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 pm

I'd have to move into the house that was already done up .. couldn't do with the mess and workmen invading the house, never mind the financial side of it.

I used to love watching home makeovers or self-build projects but they all started getting so ridiculously expensive and rather than for your average man it would be architects or designers who were clearly exploiting the TV coverage to showcase themselves for their own career prospects.

Pops is right ... and 'desperation TV' is well named.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Pumicestone wrote:
davo wrote:
 ....... I’d rather just cruise around until I found a house that had been beautifully modified somewhere in Devon or Cornwall etc etc and move in straight away ......

I assume it's because Restoration Man is a British series ? ...

The presenter George Clarke also does another series I've enjoyed.
Amazing Spaces: Sheds of the Year.

shy
Cue our handsome hunks on here now owning up to if they have their own 'man caves'.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:04 pm

I have watched the occasional Restoration Man , with more than a little puzzlement, but on the rare occasions I watched I didn't mind it. My biggest hate is bloody Australian Masterchef!! What a pack of rubbish and affectation! I like food but the affectation of dribbling (or as they call it 'drizzling') bits of coloured sauce over the oversized plate with a tiny bit of food in the middle leaves me fuming. I'm sure that on frequent occasions the director shouts "CUT!  Now lets have that again but with more tears!"

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm

do you think we all need restoring on here?
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 am

sags wrote:
Pumicestone wrote:
davo wrote:

Can't see the relevance Morty - sorry,  "Sags".

Davo's comment (above) seemed to indicate he is in Britain.
Underneath his little avatar thingy, his location appears as "OZ".
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:22 am

Pumicestone wrote:
sags wrote:
Pumicestone wrote:

Can't see the relevance Morty - sorry,  "Sags".

Davo's comment (above) seemed to indicate he is in Britain.
Underneath his little avatar thingy, his location appears as "OZ".

you been on that sugar cane juice again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restoration Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Man   Restoration Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Restoration Man
Page 1 of 1