Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras   Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

New average speed cameras are to be installed across Lancashire.

The point-to-point cameras will cover eight different routes - including stretches which have seen the deaths of thirteen people in just six years.

Altogether, there has been 406 casualties, 62 of those being serious or life-changing.

The installation project will start this month and the full roll-out is planned for completion by the end of the year. Cameras will cover traffic flow in both directions.

Lancashire's Assistant Chief Constable commented: "Our primary aim is for all drivers to adhere to the safe speed limits on our roads and these particular roads are proven to be amongst some of our most dangerous."

He defended the decision saying: "It's well-researched and documented that speeding can kill."

The routes are:

* A565 Southport Road (1.2m) between B5246 at Mere Brow and the Gravel Lane roundabout at Banks.
* A583 Preston New Road (7.5m) between M55 J 4, through Kirkham bypass, and Blackpool Rd at Preston Old Rd, Clifton.
* A588 Head Dyke Lane, Pilling (2m) between Fold House Caravan Park and Bourbles Lane.
* A59 Brockholes Brow, Preston (0.5m) between M6 junction 31 and Glenluce Drive.
* A6 London Road, Preston (0.7m) between Capitol Centre (Winery Lane) and Albyn Street East.
* A675 in Belmont (8.5m) between M65 junction 3, through Abbey Village and Belmont to Scout Road.
* A682 Gisburn Road, Pendle (5.2m) between A59 at Gisburn and Whittycroft Avenue (between Barrowford and Blacko).
* B6232 Grane Road, Haslingden (4.7m) between A56 through Haslingden Grane to A6177 Elton Rd junction with Sough Lne.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras   Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 pm

First thing that sprung to mind was .... funding.

In my neck of the woods they're taking the film out of them and leaving empty boxes... they've done it on a nearby road that's a death trap for speeding and always has a wreath or two at the side of the road.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras   Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Don't worry about funding - the cameras will soon pay for themselves. Some dimwits thing they are normal speed cameras and speed up between them.....Doh........Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras C-huh11

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras   Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras Empty

Back to top Go down

Lancashire To Introduce Average Speed Cameras
Page 1 of 1