Ciderman
Irene
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Irene
Irene

Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Some time ago, I bought a Spiralizer.  Does anyone else have one?

I have found it totally 'inspiring'...
We already eat lots of fresh greens, but it has opened an amazing new way to include other fresh veg options to replace historical high carbs used.

-----------------------------------------
..Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:46 pm

We've got one Irene and we've found quite a few uses for it. My lady has even made spaghetti bolognase with out spaghetti using courgettes and carrots. It was a delicious change. Nothing against spaghetti just a nice change.

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:09 am

I bought a spiraliser earlier in the year. It sits in a cupboard unused and unloved.

I'll have to resurrect it for the new year.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:22 am

Complete waste of money IMO, along with loads of other useless gadgets that most folks buy, use once and store away and are soon forgotten.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 3:15 pm

I saw one being demonstrated in a department store and though novel and clever - did not shout "buy me"

We have run out of gadget kitchen cupboard and shed space - Every couple of years I have a savage cull without telling management - she rarely notices until far too late

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Very easy and healthy way of incorporating fresh vegetables instead of carbohydrates into your diet.

Although, I must admit, every time I show interest in a new gadget, DH usually says, "ok, fine, where are you going to put it".  giggle

Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:00 pm

We initially bought a hand operated spiraliser but we use it a lot and I have to do it as my wife finds it doesn't go well with arthritus, so we have just ordered an electric one. Should arrive today or tomorrow.

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:34 pm

I also bought a hand operated one in the beginning, ciderman.  

Recently I bought a KitchenAid mixer and received an accessory spiralizer as a promotional gift.  So I now have an electric version too!  :D  Wonderful tool.

Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 8:30 am

I must retrieve my hand cranked one from the cupboard.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

I haven't a clue as to what it is.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Andsome - for your edification it is an expensive kitchen tool that is the latest fad.

It converts perfectly edible vegetables - like carrots - into thin strips or flat ribbons that are in the form of a tubular spiral. The food tastes the same but looks sophisticated on the plate. I guess you are not sophisticated and posh enough like wot we are to appreciate it.

My wife bought one 6 weeks ago and has used it once only - I think me taking the micky didn't help. It has joined her Sage juice gunge maker, George Foreman grill and thumb tip removing mandolin on a shelf in my shed.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 am

I couldn't be bothered. I'll pass thanks. Now you mention it I have seen them in the shops, and saw one being demonstrated.  My immediate thought was, 'what a waste of time and money'.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 2:22 pm

You can have ours for a reasonable discount. Only one owner - driven once and uses little fuel. I will even throw in a free cucumber as a carrot.

Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 pm

AlanHo wrote:
You can have ours for a reasonable discount. Only one owner - driven once and uses little fuel. I will even throw in a free cucumber as a carrot.

Pass

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 am

I've got a spiritual healer at home if that's what you mean?  but she needs cranking up thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?   Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else own a SPIRALIZER?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Food and Drink-
Jump to: