The only brightness in my garden...

Go down 
+2
andsome
malcolm
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The only brightness in my garden... Empty
PostSubject: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 5:08 pm

I know they're the easiest plants in the world to grow but as a beginner gardener I'm really chuffed with the 99p pkt of marigold seeds I bought in February.
They're still going strong well into autumn - I'm waiting for them to finish before I plant my winter pansies in their place but don't think it'll be a while yet!

Photo taken this afternoon. :)

The only brightness in my garden... Marigolds1_zps1a5b1bc9
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 5:11 pm

That's beautiful Carol....far nicer than mine, you should be justifiably pleased with yourself
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Very nice.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

The only brightness in my garden... 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:27 pm

looking good carol
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:57 pm

WONDERFUL!
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:26 pm

I love marigolds, especially this time of year, they're very cheery and bright.
If I plant them in my garden the slugs have always devoured them by the next morning.

The only time they thrived and looked rather good was when I tried growing the tall ones in a hanging basket. After about 6 inches growth they dipped down and grew like a trailer. Which was novel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:51 pm

All looks really nice there Caroljoyce, wonderful too how they last for such a long time in flower. 
I have had the same happen as you Sags, shame isn't it.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 pm

They look really pretty carol,
We grow them on our allotment and they do well there.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm

The only brightness in my garden... Img_0610

Last edited by meerkat12 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grew these this year on the allotment)
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am

Fine specimens Meerkat. Well done. I didn't know what they were to start with but Mrs mart says they are Butternut Squash? What else do you like to grow? A friend of ours is keen on her allotment and has given us all sorts of goodies this year. Courgettes mainly but raspberries, plums and runner beans too.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Mainly my husbands work..with a helping hand.
 This year we grew....
 Potatoes          Runner beans.     Tomatoes 
 Cabbages         Broad beans.       Cucumbers 
 Courgettes.      Leeks.                Beetroot
  French beans.   Onions.            Manage tout
  Carrots             Dahlias.          Parsnips
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:29 am

Do you find that you have to give a lot of it away because you can't manage to eat it all? We kind of rely on that with our friend's allotment. It means we get some of the harvest. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Mart wrote:
Do you find that you have to give a lot of it away because you can't manage to eat it all? We kind of rely on that with our friend's allotment. It means we get some of the harvest. :)

Bring a couple of carrier bags up here Mart. I have a couple of Apple Tree's and the fruit is just dropping because of my bad back. You can have the lot.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Can you invite the neighbours to help themselves? Having said that, apples seem to be the most difficult fruit to give away. Now, a courgette or two and I'm your man. :)
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Yes your right Mart we do give a lot away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The only brightness in my garden...   The only brightness in my garden... Empty

Back to top Go down

The only brightness in my garden...
Page 1 of 1