HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! Empty
PostSubject: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 3:22 pm

they won't let me post unless I type something in here - ear ear
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 11:35 pm

and I would once again like to post a welcome to all new members - well I am sure they are on their way probably got lost crossing the airways?  ok time to get my big butterfly net catcher out again?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 6:57 pm

drum I like it .... you're an eternal optimist.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 1:14 am

it what scousers always where always are and always will be - up the cop!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 5:38 pm

Davo lad....Its 'The Kop'. yes
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:32 pm

You tell him Beastie ...  yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:03 pm

just testing just testing and you remember the Anfield race course - over the fences - I had a feeling to pick the last years winner and failed to do so - his name was connected to mine somehow?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:34 pm

Why is it the Kop?
Battle of Spion Kop in Boer War connection somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 pm

You know, I have no idea Purwell. Is it really connected to the Boer War.

I just googled it ... goodness you're right. Well you live and learn.

The name came from a small hill in South Africa known as Spion Kop, where, during the Boer War in January 1900, a battle left hundreds dead. Many of the soldiers killed came from Lancashire regiments, with a strong contingent from Liverpool. The Liverpool Echo was the first to suggest calling it the Kop.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm

I was looking around the streets of ' da pool' recently on google earth and the street in which I was born [home birth] has been obliterated by progress - sad for me but progress for L'pool everyone around as small back and front lawns with picket fences quite amazing. now I have lost touch with all my old cousins and it really feels that unless one of the youngsters has a passion for family history etc the family has dispersed; fragmented and all ties broken. I guess that's not unusual at all? whilst streets a few stones throw away have been preserved ; repainted and modernized but no gardens how strange? But going back would now be strange - different people ; different social mores ; a strange world of familiar scenes but no one to recognize and undoubtedly now highly multicultural.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 8:51 pm

Definitely multicultural Davo .... it doesn't always pay to go back to old haunts .... the cherished memories are often more comforting and feel more real.

Besides, you'd never want to come back would you? I thought Oz was fantastic. Sunshine. Surfboards. Beaches and kangaroos.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 11:41 am

I've only moved from one side of town to the other and my lady friend lives where I was previously, so no real culture shock for me.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 9:41 pm

that must be rather comforting then purwell - mort last time I was back was 2000 just before the foot and mouth outbreak had me boots checked! - I went to those mucky old streets for real before the uplift and walked into the mountains of wales and ireland and devon and cornwall - had friends who had stayed and outlasted illnesses but no - come to realize that the past is the past and without those right chemical formulas cannot be re-invented - we re-invent our own lives day by day! we've had a lot of flooding this year but the beaches are still goin well and were I am still hittin 37C most days - not sitting out weather even the dog wants to come back in quick! I was thinkin of doin one last visit but that's just bein silly really - wot dreams are made of
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 12:00 am

Purwell wrote:
I've only moved from one side of town to the other and my lady friend lives where I was previously, so no real culture shock for me.

sounds like you keep going  back to the future regularly - wot a hoot!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 12:12 am

now about this site - everytime I look at it I think what a wonderful opportunity for a new kick start but obviously there is no one with the skills/apptitude or interest to give it a go with our current members heh were has the other lady gawn to??

anyways no pressure no pressure but does any of yuz - or jews for that matter know any mates or friends or whatever who would have the interest and skills to take this over - if we find one we may eventually /quite quickly go the the el supremo of these sites and negotiate formal take-over. But it is a possibility - I think I once read on the grand plan that it could happen? No have long long ago lost any interest in it myself - too many painful memories - and it may need an absolute clean out - re- titling - modern touch et etc/ I have checked out all our current manifestos and none of us are suitable - shame really|? what about bruce from OFF and also f3A, he may be interested ?? 

nb: i thinkk the truth is none of our age is willing to put in all the hardwork it would need someone in a slightly younger bracket say 50/60's? anyway my acting committee members I'll leave it wiv yaz?

ps: and listen loosen up it doesn't need to be a totally brit focus it could be more international or at least EU - so if you have any mates over there you know with a serious interest that could be good too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!   a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!! Empty

Back to top Go down

a welcome to all the newcomers since last I was here - ear ear!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Welcome New Members :: Welcome-
Jump to: