Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 8:36 pm

There is a lady on our estate that does a food rescue service from local supermarkets of past it's sell by date food. I get most of my bread from her, think I've only bought two loaves this year.
Today she had some shitake mushrooms which i am unfamiliar with, so I had a quick Google which told me to fry them for 8 to 10 minutes. I did as it said but was quite disappointed, certainly would not spend good money on them!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 9:00 pm

I guess they were too soft and mushy from being either too finely sliced or over-cooked

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 7:19 am

Purwell wrote:

Today she had some shitake mushrooms which i am unfamiliar with, so I had a quick Google which told me to fry them for 8 to 10 minutes. I did as it said but was quite disappointed, certainly would not spend good money on them!
The clue is in the name drum
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Quote :
The clue is in the name

Agree with that!
Back to top Go down
volvojack

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 pm

I will only buy mushrooms that are the closed cups rather than the open flat mushrooms which most times are larger but open underneath, as they are mostly grown in manure in darkened sheds they attract lots of tiny insects which if you turn over one of these open flatties it usually has lots of these mites showing in the veins
In their favour they are more tasty than the closed cups.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shitake Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shitake Mushrooms   Shitake Mushrooms Empty

Back to top Go down

Shitake Mushrooms
Page 1 of 1