Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 pm

I have got a couple of "Blink" security cameras and I am surprised to find out that I cannot view them on a Windows 10 laptop without installing an Android Emulator.
Unfortunately I find that I don't have sufficient disk space for one.
Do you think that it might be possible to install the emulator onto a USB stick?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:12 am

I don't know which emulator you are looking at but have got BlueStacks Android emulator installed. System requirements for that are 5GB of disk space and 2GB of RAM. Is there room for that?

I didn't know the answer to your question but did a bit of searching around using the term 'can I install and run a program from a USB stick'. It looks like you can't do that without first installing something beforehand from 'Portable Apps'. Have a look at this page to see if it helps..

https://portableapps.com/platform/features

Sorry I can't help directly but using that search term brings up more pages on how to do what you need.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks Mart.
I gave up the struggle in the end and bought a used Lenovo tablet just to monitor the cameras.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptyMon May 10, 2021 3:44 pm

I have had a "Ring" doorbell for quite a while now and am quite pleased with it, but I wanted to try a couple of other cameras to keep an eye on my bird feeder and nest box.

I have found that they do have limitations, for instance the proximity detectors don't work very well through glass, which scuppered my idea of mounting them on a small tripod on the window sill.

They are not very easy to mount outside because my walls are pebble dashed and I'm also worried that they could be easily stolen or smashed by undesirables.

Then I discovered another problem, whilst the "Ring" camera can be accessed either through my iPhone or my Windows Laptop, the other cameras that I have bought, are not Windows friendly they will only work on the Laptop with an Android Emulator.

I don't have enough disc space on my Laptop to download the Emulator, so I decided to buy a used Lenovo Tablet. I had forgotten how irritating Android can be, it is always updating something in the background and finding how to access settings etc is a nightmare!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptyTue May 11, 2021 5:51 pm

we once had liquid acid batteries for the home radio machine and no TV - life couldn't be simple and pigeons of the back wall - we didn't film them!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Just read that Windows 11 is on the way and they have addressed this problem and have made it run Android Apps.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 9:19 am

I haven't heard of that Purwell. I'll do a bit of reading about it. Thanks for the information. 

There is a Microsoft application (app) that can be installed and run on PCs to see if Windows 11 will work on them. Neither of my PCs are suitable. I haven't run it on the Surface Pro tablet yet. Maybe that will be OK. There's a download link for the app near the bottom of this page. 

Upgrade to the New Windows 11 OS | Microsoft

The sticking point for older computers is TPM (Trusted Platform Module). This is a hardware feature of later motherboards, It's not present on older ones. Some have TPM and it might just need enabling in the settings. If it doesn't have TPM, there is an add-on module that can be plugged in but I don't think all motherboards have a place for it. In short, Windows 11 won't install on older computers ..not officially anyway. However, there are workarounds for non-TPM computers out there already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Android Emulators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Emulators   Android Emulators Empty

Back to top Go down

Android Emulators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Computer Matters-
Jump to: