HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? Empty
PostSubject: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 7:46 am

The financial times has an interesting article covering the governments plans for administrating a covid 20 vaccine to the UK population. 

top scientists and medical chiefs have clarified some of the issues in a financial times article [this link may provide you with the full article as it seems google has found a way around avoiding the payment fees to the times for viewing it!] 

covid vaccine administration in UK

these noble people have stated that there was never any intention of offering the vaccine to everyone. Many people atm decline common or garden vaccines that are available right now. So approx 50% of the UK population will be offered the vaccine [there was no discussion about whether it would be optional or mandatory? 

mention is made of some of those needing it more than others such as nurses ; aged care workers and the weakened elderly.

so there you are; whether you believed you would be getting it or not is not an issue - the decision will be made for you! 

this is called democracy at work!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 pm

We had our usual yearly flu-jabs yesterday... and d being elderly and infirm we will be among the first in the queue for the vaccine when it becomes available
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 10:09 am

We are elderly and will take the Covid-19 vaccine when/if it's offered but like everyone else, we're hoping not to get the virus in the meantime.

We are having our flu jabs tomorrow. Rather than pile everyone into the surgery (like previous years) the practice is carrying out the injections in peoples cars in a drive-through method at a local airfield.

I wonder if the idea will take off. yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 10:32 am

Quote :
I wonder if the idea will take off.
drum
We had to go to a local church-hall.....finally got in after waiting for half an hour outside in the bitter cold wind !
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 pm

malcolm wrote:
Quote :
I wonder if the idea will take off.
drum
We had to go to a local church-hall.....finally got in after waiting for half an hour outside in the bitter cold wind !
that didn't work out too well you could have caught more colds or covid just standing outside - talk about care of the elderly - they should be first of the rank but usually finish last in thought if not in deed
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 1:47 pm

We just had our flu jabs. It was all well organised. Drove into the airfield (about 15-20 minutes drive away) and were directed to a place where there were a couple of drive-though tents. Names taken and duly injected without getting out of the car.

The trip gave the car a run too. Very rarely use it these days.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:56 pm

I have been advised by the hospital not to have the flu jab this year.

As regards the Covid vaccine, if indeed there ever is one, I am not surprised that it will be used selectively as we no longer live in a Democracy.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 11:01 pm

Purwell wrote:

As regards the Covid vaccine, if indeed there ever is one, I am not surprised that it will be used selectively as we no longer live in a Democracy.

I don't think it's anything about democratic practices. There will simple not be enough vials in the beginning so priorities will be given to health care workers, the elderly etc. Young children perhaps may not require it anyway. And there is the belief of 'herd immunity' occurring.  

show me a country that practices pure democracy anyway - democracy is a concept originating from Greece but it has been used and abused over the centuries.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 am

davo wrote:
Purwell wrote:

I don't think it's anything about democratic practices. There will simple not be enough vials in the beginning so priorities will be given to health care workers, the elderly etc. Young children perhaps may not require it anyway. And there is the belief of 'herd immunity' occurring.  

show me a country that practices pure democracy anyway - democracy is a concept originating from Greece but it has been used and abused over the centuries.
Completely agree Dave !
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Yes, I'm sure that will be the situation with a Covid-19 vaccine. I wonder if there will be one any time soon? Might be too late for us.

Why were you advised not to have the flu jab Purwell?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 11:18 pm

Quote :
Why were you advised not to have the flu jab Purwell?

Because I am having treatment for leukaemia and my immune system is not very effective.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 am

Ah ..I see. Hoping everything goes well. All the best to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?   covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't? Empty

Back to top Go down

covid vaccinations in uk - who gets them and who won't?
Page 1 of 1