HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? Empty
PostSubject: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 12:41 am

-20200914-[times_cox_newspolitics_cox]]brexit and our honour?

Boris Johnson comes from a long line of "beneath the sheets B........s in royality - can he even spell the world honour?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 am

He had to ask Trumpelstiltskin and he told Boris it was spelled "honor"!

I have given up with my country now, the gullible lemmings can have it.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am

Ah yes, political shenanigans. They give people something to get cross about on forums. Writing opinions doesn't do any good but I know people like to do it. I only worry about politics when voting time comes, which is when I can do something about things. It tends to be in the background of life until then. Once voting is done, there's little else I can personally do to change anything. Just get on with...

Living comfortably.
Going to the allotment.
Riding my bike.
Driving the car.
Obtaining medical attention when needed.
Watching one of the TVs we own.
Tending the garden.
Managing the finances.
Fixing up the house.

In fact, with the exception of going to work, doing all the things I've ever done during my adult life, no matter what party is in power or whatever the political situation is (I repeat myself). I guess a country I can still do all that in must be falling apart due to bad management.

Funny really, the bloke most concerned about British politics writes a one liner with link to an opinion agreed with. I don't get so worked up about politics but end up writing more lines than the one who does! That's individual opinion I suppose. I'll leave it to others to burst a blood vessel over politics.
yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 10:07 am

I ignore extreme opinions these days. They are usually held by extreme individuals who think that their opinion is new valid and interesting..... and they are invariably wrong on all counts.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 11:57 am

I think you're right Malcolm. I shouldn't get so concerned about those who like to be concerned about politics and want somebody else equally concerned to come back at them (agreeing or disagreeing).

One thing I am concerned about and that's the number of times I write 'concerned'. There, I just did it again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Don't be too concerned about that Mart
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am

I'll try not to be Malcolm.  yes

Something I would like to say is that not letting the political scene be upsetting is not the same as ignoring it. Of course the proceedings are observed via the News. In fact, as well as watching the popular News sources, I'd say to also watch Al Jazeera and RT in order to try and get a balanced view of the state of the World.

Our government can be criticised but when you see the plight of other people throughout the World, I think we can be glad we live where we do.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Well at least you and I can agree about most things and share the same views and opinions.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 11:11 pm

didn't Hitler say that to Goering once?

and of course in the immortal words of the Iron Lady "We [the royal one no doubt] do NOT break treaties"

oh how the party has sunken
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 am

Tone it down feller! That's no comparison to a couple of people on a forum sharing a view.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 am

back to boris then! as I see it he has two major challenges - the brexit catastrophe - something of his own making which I doubt he is ever capable of fixing - and covid - which he exhorts and then threatens the entire population with his pleas and threats!

well some say he will be a good PM others disagree especially the labor leader who of course will be challenging him each step of the way in parliament. 

Most of the population I would suggest don't understand even now brexit - but they do understand "lockdowns' and "threats' remember MT and the "poll tax" riots - that took the wind out of her sails. 

you've gotta be able to read the people well and I'm not sure at all whether bumbling boris can do that successfully
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 9:48 am

davo wrote:

you've gotta be able to read the people well
A lesson that no doubt it would benefit you to learn
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 11:31 am

..and don't forget that hair! yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 am

malcolm wrote:
davo wrote:

you've gotta be able to read the people well
A lesson that no doubt it would benefit you to learn

really? well you certainly weren't at the almost collapse of this site and the exodus of good committed members and all over a blonde if I remember well?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 3:26 am

Mart wrote:
..and don't forget that hair!  yes

you've noticed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?   Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Britains Honour count for anything anymore?
Page 1 of 1