Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Perfect Yorkshire Puddings Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Yorkshire Puddings   Perfect Yorkshire Puddings EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Why do people buy frozen packs of Aunt Bessy's Yorkshire puddings when it is so easy to make your own. 

We had a roast beef lunch at some friends last Sunday and everything about the meal was lovely - except for the Yorkshire Puddings. They were flat and doughy.

Our host recognised that the Y.P's were less than perfect and asked how others got on with cooking them.

I took my life in my hands and explained that she had used too much flour in the mixture and not enough milk.

My method is to use a crystal wine glass as a measure. I break two eggs into the glass and note on the pattern how much they fill the glass. I then pour the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk the eggs thoroughly.

Next - I take a second identical glass and fill it to the same level with sieved plain flour. I add the flour to the eggs and whisk to a smooth paste.

Next - measure into one of the glasses the same, or slightly more, semi-skimmed milk and add it to the mixing bowl gradually - while whisking constantly to get a thin and lump-free mixture. It will be the consistency of thin single cream

Meanwhile, grease and heat one or two Yorkshire pudding trays in a fan oven heated to 175 degrees C. Now pour the YP mixture into each section 1/3 full and pop it back into into the oven to cook until the YP's are golden coloured and crisp. Do not open the oven while they are cooking.

Note : I do not accept responsibility for the roof of the oven being damaged by the YP's as they rise.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Perfect Yorkshire Puddings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perfect Yorkshire Puddings   Perfect Yorkshire Puddings EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I always make my own....I never measure anything out and I get the oven trays very hot indeed before I add the batter and then I cook them at 220C .... I never have failures using this method.
Back to top Go down

Perfect Yorkshire Puddings
Page 1 of 1