AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

testing Empty
PostSubject: testing   testing EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 pm

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: testing   testing EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 7:17 am

you can see the problem here
in the links you show under WORD DOC
if you hover your mouse over one of them you will see that [/img] is highlighted as you have made it part of the url when you selected it to copy and paste originally !!
the testing  and tags are the bb code and should not be included as part of the url
the url should begin with https and end with .jpg or .gif

right click on a picture in your post and click on  'copy image location' then paste that url somewhere and you will see what I mean....there is no [/img] in it ! ........see the url below and hover over it !!

https://i.imgur.com/unGnZ2p.jpg

this is how your corrupted url looks, now hover over this one

{img}https://i.imgur.com/unGnZ2p.jpg{/img}

and this is how it should look

{img}https://i.imgur.com/unGnZ2p.jpg{/img}

Can you see the difference ?

NB ,,, all brackets changed to prevent the examples resolving
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: testing   testing EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 am

Malcolm : Your last PM to me was spot on - I could then see exactly what was happening - but could not understand why. Simply because the Hyundai forum worked OK with doc sourced BB Codes.

I did some googling and came up with this :-

Forums set to use WYSIWYG editor input methods will react badly to the hidden doc control characters that accompany your copy/paste function. Try switching WYSIWYG off on the forum.

I could not see a way of switching WYSIWYG off in my profile on this forum - instead, I activated it in my profile on the hyundai forum and - bingo - the same problem then occurred there.

Which is why I posted this thread to test it.  I will in future use only plain text on all forums to post images.

Thanks for you kind help Malcolm - it is much appreciated - and has added to my growing fund of computer knowledge.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: testing   testing EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm

I have been creating and processing webpages in HTML code for many years Alan and instantly saw the problem....it is an easy error when cutting and pasting to highlight a little extra then copying and pasting and then wondering why for the rest of the day why it doesn't work when it is uploaded to a webpage under construction.....these days things have improved with updated parsing and some errors can be tolerated by new software.
I am moving this topic to 'Testing' in help and assistance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: testing   testing Empty

Back to top Go down

testing
Page 1 of 1