Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

I'm Working Again Empty
PostSubject: I'm Working Again   I'm Working Again EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 7:49 pm

We are getting short of money to maintain our lifestyle and I miss the routine of going to work - so on a whim I signed on to an employment agency to see if I could find a part time job. Something that we would get me away from routine chores and allow me to mix with new people.  

I didn't expect to get a job because I am 80 years old - but to my surprise I did.

It is in a local Benefits Appraisal Office helping a disabled secretary type capital letters. She has only one arm but types with one hand at a remarkable speed. It is a bit like being the assistant to a pianist in an orchestra - who has to follow the music and turn the music sheet at the precise time. I have to follow the script and take action every time a capital letter is needed.

I find it quite rewarding - the only problem being - it is shift work.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

I'm Working Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Working Again   I'm Working Again EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 pm

welcome back Ho Ho I thought you were going to comment on your  hand getting in the way of the right breast - or is that too brash??
Back to top Go down

I'm Working Again
Page 1 of 1