HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? Empty
PostSubject: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

this was the education I received and it benefited me so why not again??

tough love
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 am

Hard to put the discipline back into schools when it has been missing for so long. The lack of it perhaps goes back a couple of generations too, so even the parents won't understand or condone the principal's actions.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am

The lack of school discipline has had far-reaching unforeseen consequences, reflected in the current prison population etc......don't get me started angry
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm

well when I was a youngster 'discipline' started in the home not the school!! groan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Yes indeed it did and it was continued through the school years into adulthood
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 pm

so where did it all go wrong???
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 2:05 pm

davo wrote:
so where did it all go wrong???

When Europe started laying laws down I reckon. Everyone saw them as progressive but not all the laws governing children's upbringing were. They might have suited the children of other counties but not ours. Our teachers used a ruler, a plimsoll a cane or just their hands to discipline us at school. We were no angels but just accepted we'd get a bit of physical discipline if we went over the mark and that was that.

It was backed up by our parents too. Go home with a grumble that we's had a slap and the parents would probably say we shouldn't have done whatever it was. If schools were to try that now, I think we all know what would happen.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 pm

surely we can't keep blaming europe for everything?? hat
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 am

davo wrote:
surely we can't keep blaming europe for everything?? hat
Unfortunately lots of people did blame the EU for problems that were not of their making.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 am

You're probably right but since the question was asked, my perception of when the decline in discipline seemed to start is that it was around that time.

Edit: What would be your own answers as regards when it was and what caused it?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:20 am

however I would be the first to defend the other side of the story - the school environment in this day and age has changed as well as the laws of the lands , and now teachers have to be aware of more rights of their students.

dress and body code?

this school is about to be sued and may have to pay out a large sum of money for careless decisions by its staff??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:50 am

I have no idea what dress codes would normally be expected in U.S.A schools. What we think, as outsiders, probably depends on the views we'd have of dress code in our own schools.

I think school uniforms are good. If they'd had a school uniform like most of the schools here, it would have levelled the dress code and the opportunity for suing wouldn't have arisen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 am

School Discipline should apply to uniforms too.
Boys wear trousers and Girls wear skirts both sexes wear blazers and shoes (no trainers)
What clothes they wear when not in school is entirely up to them and their parents.
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 am

I agree he said as he shivers in the corner!! bring back the whip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?   what ya think? everyone gone asleep again? Empty

Back to top Go down

what ya think? everyone gone asleep again?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: What's in the News-
Jump to: