HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

plug ins for viewing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

plug ins for viewing Empty
PostSubject: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 am

have just downloaded a new plugin for viewing back copies of TV stuff but keep getting message the plugin has crashed - any suggestions welcomed [ polite ones!]
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 8:09 am

it's OK fixe when I downloaded free adobe plugin it told me I had to close mozilla firefox and then it worked!! bingo
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:08 am

Was the plugin needed so you could view pages that are the 'PDF' format?

It depends what Internet Browser is being used but most now include a PDF reader, so when you click on a PDF file and are asked what to open it with, choose Chrome, Firefox or whatever your preferred browser is.

I know you are on Windows 7 and the included browser (Internet Explorer) doesn't open PDF files directly. Most other browsers do though. Windows 10's included browser (Microsoft Edge) will open PDF files.

In summary, once you know about this, it most often isn't necessary to install anything additional such as an adobe plugin, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader etc in order to open PDF files.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:57 pm

well it was a bit simpler than that - I decided to download adobe plugin again and this time I followed the instructions carefully - I got to a point where it instructed me to 'close' firefox' which I did and then all proceeded well - it didn't seem to like firefox which I could open later with no problem. what I was using the plugin for was for our abc iviewing programs - serials etc and it was also not functioning with basic quick news videos - now all seems well will wait and watch! thanks for comments! hat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 5:57 pm

I once had a television like that dave, it wouldn't work at all, no matter what I tried. Then reading through the instructions it pointed to a plug-in. When I had plugged it into the socket on the wall it worked great. drum
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 pm

heh were you once a ghost writer for morecambe and wise by any chance?? I could think of a few other things you might do with ya plug in!! drum drum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: plug ins for viewing   plug ins for viewing Empty

Back to top Go down

plug ins for viewing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Computer Matters-
Jump to: