HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

desk top calenders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 3:03 am

easily accessible - I am sick sick and tired of making lists of tv programs that I like and want to watch - yes I can access them via the internet or the local newspaper - but what I ideally need is an electronic white board that will appear on my screen at the click of a switch and there will be all my entries for either a week or a month. I am happy to do the hard draft of seeking and sticking but does anyone know of a good electronic board that would fit the bill

many thanks hat
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:04 am

If this is for the Windows computer and you're using Windows 10, then the included calendar app is pretty good for that sort of thing.

I don't use it for anything other than Birthday/Anniversary reminders but it can be used for other events. It has a full window layout where all monthly/weekly events can be entered and then seen. Also, being part of the system, it gives reminders in a small box that flies out from the edge of the screen.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 am

nope still on windows 7!!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 am

Ah! OK Davo. If you'd said the OS to start with it would have saved me a bit of typing. :) Have you looked at the Google Calendar?
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:37 am

I still use Microsoft Works. It has a good calendar system with reminders where you can set a weeks, a days etc warnings. I use it a lot for reminding me of my meals on wheels days, U3A meetings and when I'm on at the museum. Grandkids birthdays (there's 9 of them!)

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 1:06 pm

thanks for help and suggestions guys will check them out over the next few days! - I definitely need one!!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Ciderman wrote:
I still use Microsoft Works. It has a good calendar system with reminders where you can set a weeks, a days etc warnings. I use it a lot for reminding me of my meals on wheels days, U3A meetings and when I'm on at the museum. Grandkids birthdays (there's 9 of them!)

it would seem that microsoft works is now obsolete ??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 pm

I guess smart tv si the way ro go perhaps??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:54 pm

it seems we are still confined to the world of "cut and paste" see a program you spot somewhere copy it and the past it in your calendar - I'd rather see a quick touch and drop method but doubt if they have been invented yet! - so I think e-calenders are still in the dark ages ?

for example when I see a show advertised for next tuesday on the tv I need to catch it and drop into my diary immediately - see what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 4:34 pm

I think Google Calendar might be your best free option Davo. Do you have a Google Account? It would be the same login details as your Google mail account.

If you are using Chrome as your browser, the calendar can even be used offline by installing the calendar app from the Chrome Web Store.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 pm

yep got all that now for the adventure as the famous five would say!
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 pm

I think you want a fairy with a wand.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 pm

davo wrote:

it would seem that microsoft works is now obsolete ??
I've got Office too but I don't use it much. Probably because I got used to Works over the years.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:15 pm

well didn't like to mention it I'm no "fairy" but yes ya right!! but I envisage the wand being electronic which can just collect items from one desktop page and drop it onto other - surely this is not beyond the capabilities of modern electronic skills??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

desk top calenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: desk top calenders   desk top calenders Empty

Back to top Go down

desk top calenders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Computer Matters-
Jump to: