HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! Empty
PostSubject: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am

it can get quite wild out here in all our states!

storm ahead captain

not much holiday fun on there!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 8:32 am

Not very nice, it was shown on the news here.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Pretty frightening for all those concerned...
I would not have wanted to be on that Boat that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 pm

I once was on board the Norwave heading out of Europoort in the Netherlands bound for Hull. There was a Westerly gale blowing, and boy was she a beauty. Things got so bad the Ferry that should have arrived in Hull at 07.30 hrs was actually six and a half hours late. They had to throttle her back on the crossing. I and a few of the other drivers where sitting in the aft bar having a few beers and we could hear the props lifting out of the water. There weren't many of the passengers to be seen that night for some reason. drum
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 4:00 pm

We have been on the Irish Sea in a force nine gale

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 pm

I wonder if I might have actually enjoyed that Davo. We once took a night car ferry from Harwich to Hamburg. The sea was very rough. Mrs Mart was pretty scared and never slept all night. Car alarms kept going off, due to the movement of the ship I suppose. We had a small cabin near the car decks deep down in the ship.

Me? I slept through a lot of it. It was just like being rocked in a cradle. I also went for walks around on the enclosed upper decks, balancing the best I could. Things could be heard crashing about. I don't know why but I enjoyed the whole experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Just under one hour to go before boarding my plane home. Well, at least to Edinburgh Airport. I don't think he will have to slow down for anything rough. There again if he gets a puncture we could be stuck up their all night waiting for NTS. drum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!   well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand! Empty

Back to top Go down

well OZ news dont think we have all the sun and sand!
Page 1 of 1